Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

looking for great OBGYNs in Frisco/Plano Area?

Hi,

I am 28 weeks pregnant and moving to the area on 8/20. I am looking to deliver at Texas Health Presbiterian Plano or possibly Baylor Carrollton. I have toured both hospitals and preferred Texas Health Plano but liked Baylor too. I am looking for great doctors in the area, and only have one recommendation so far for a Dr. Mary Franken in Carrollton who only delivers at Baylor. Has anyone had a really great experience with any specific OBs in the area? Any feedback will be helpful.

Thanks! 

Re: looking for great OBGYNs in Frisco/Plano Area?

• Options
    I lived in Carrollton right by Baylor when I was pregnant.  I ended up using Dr. Jon Ricks as my OBGYN and delivering at Baylor in Frisco.  EXCELLENT facility and I love Dr. Ricks.  He talks fast, but he's very conservative and super nice.
  • Options
    My OB is Dr. Keith Reisler, he is in Plano, right behind Preby Plano. He delivered our little girl about a month ago, and I had the best experience. I seriously couldn't imagine having a better experience!  He was very open to whatever I wanted to do for our birth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm also looking for a new OB that delivers at Plano Presby. 

Here are a couple rec's I've gotten.  I haven't decided yet.....

1. Kelli V. Watkins, M.D.   6200 W Parker RD, ste 306, MOB 1, Plano, TX 75093.      972-981-7370.

2. Judith Hsu (pronounced as Sue)  3709 W 15th  suite 300  Plano, TX   75075   972-867-6400

• Options
    I go to Dr. Jennifer Denning. She works in a group called Northlake Obgyn, and they have an office at the Plano Presbyterian hospital. I like her because she is very straight to the point, and she always has a good answer to my questions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since 09/09 02/10-Irregular periods begin 05/10-BW results:no progesterone-possible PCOS/SA:normal 07/10-HSG-normal results 09/10-Round 1 Clomid-chemical pregnancy 10/10-Round 2 Clomid-ovulated early 01/11-Round 3 Clomid-BFN 03/11-RE 1st appt-official PCOS diagnosis 05/11-Round 1 IUI-Follistim injectables-too many eggs to trigger 07/11-Round 2 IUI-Folistim injectables-1 follicle-BFN 11/1/11-BFP Finally! (3 to be exact) 6/24/12-DS born
  • Options

imagegrumpybear:
    I go to Dr. Jennifer Denning. She works in a group called Northlake Obgyn, and they have an office at the Plano Presbyterian hospital. I like her because she is very straight to the point, and she always has a good answer to my questions.

Ohh, they have a lot of Drs at that practice!  I'm assuming they deliver at Plano Presby....??   Is it easy to get in and out of that office since it's at/near the hospital?  How's parking?

• Options

imagegrumpybear:

They have a great group of doctors. They are in the medical offices inside Plano Presby and parking is fine (parking garage). https://www.northlakeobgyn.com/ Dr. Garrett Garner is who I recommend. He is so laid back and if you ever need to call and leave a message with a nurse, HE will call you back and speak with you directly.

Proud Mommy to DS (March 2007) and DD (May 2002)
    Baby No. 3 BFP 1/16/2013!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I go to Northlake also - I see Dr. Campbell.  I love their office - a few things, I LOVE, LOVE that the Dr. calls you back (Dr. Campbell does this also).  I also love that they have a sono tech on staff and you can get sonos at the office and not have to schedule a separate appointment.  I also appreciate having the lab in the office - again no separate appointment needed.  Parking was easy - I always just parked in the garage.  They are a bigger office, but I thought they were very organized and I never felt like i was at such a large office - I felt like I was at Dr. Campbell's office.  I went to a different group with DD#1 and really thought Northlake was night and day compared to my first experience.  Plano Presby was a great experience as well for me - I had a planned c-section with DD#2 so I can't comment on their L&D, but the c-section experience was great and the baby never leaves your sight - ever - they even do the first measurements with the scale within eye sight - I was still being worked on, but they didn't want me to miss it :)  Plus the first bath is done in your recovery room (again, c-section experience).  Good luck!
  • Options

Doctor O'Connell delivers at Presby Plano...that's who I'm with but he also delivers down at the Medical City....

I was going to go to Dr. Catherine Holt www.catherineholtmd.com I think she delivers at Baylor and another hospital...but i'm not sure.  But she was really nice and comforting 

I chose Dr. O'Connell because he and I see eye to eye on how we want to handle my pregnancy.

• Options
    nevermind i'm taking back my recommendation for Dr. O'Connell I've spoken to him since and unfortunately I'll be looking for another doctor now.
  • Options
    Love, love, love Dr McIntire at Frisco Ob/Gyn.  Any of the drs in that practice are good.  They are located at Centennial Medical Center in Frisco at 121 and Coit.  They have hospital rights at Centennial, Presby Plano and Baylor Frisco. 
  • Options

Dr. Garrett Garner at Northlake OBGYN (i think someone posted their contact info above).  At least half a dozen of us (most of us don't post here anymore) use him based on recommendations from each other, and we all love him.  As does my husband. 

• Options
    I got to Dr. Hsu and I LOVE her.  You will not find a sweeter and more gentle OBGYN.  Only thing is that I delivered at Medical Center of Plano and to my knowledge, that's the hospital she is affiliated with so you might want to double check if you're specifically looking for one who delivers at Plano Presby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"