Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Are tomatoes ok for a 10 month old?

DH and I are making one of our favorite pasta dishes tonight and now that DS is eating whatever we're eating, we want to give him some too!

DS has a great palate and loves pretty much everything so we're pretty sure he'll like this pasta. Problem is, it has sliced cherry tomatoes in it. Are tomatoes ok to give to a 10 (almost 11) month old? Also, are capers ok? They are a berry so I wasn't sure...LOL

For anyone who wants to make this dish, it's so yummy! Here is the link:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/pasta-with-sun-dried-tomatoes-recipe/index.html

Re: Are tomatoes ok for a 10 month old?

• Options
    Natalie has been having tomatoes and berries since she was around 8 months old....   The info. we got from our public health nurse for feeding says that pretty much everything is fair game past 6 months.    The only things she said to avoid was egg whites, honey, shell fish, and peanuts and tree nuts......
  • Options
    I hope tomatoes are okay!  I have been giving them to DD since she was six months old!  They are one of the first foods that I offered...we did Baby Led Weaning/Solids and I would always give her the tomato slice on the side of my burger/sandwich when we went out to eat.  She loves them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lkichlkich member
    DS eats them all the time. But then again, we aren't waiting on most things and he's been fine.
  • Options
    That's great news! For some reason I thought they were one of the highly allergic foods (is that the correct way to say it?) And plus the acidity. But I am psyched because it's a new food to give him! Thanks!
  • Options

I haven't given her straight tomatoes, but tomato sauce.  In moderation though, bc she has reflux so I don't want it to flare up.

Kristy

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"