Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

F/U to "MIL kissed DS's penis" (long)

ETA: I'm having trouble sending & replying to PMs on my phone. Please know that I am reading them and so thankful for your encouragement! I don't want you to think I'm not appreciative, I just can't respond for some reason. :( ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ In case you weren't one of the 5,000+ views of my original post: ~~MurphyGirl made it clicky for you in the very first post below. Thanks, Murphy!~~ Let me preface this with a genuine and heartfelt thank you to the Bumpies that, very sincerely, took what happened to my baby boy to heart and responded with such concern that I could tell they were responding as if it was their own DS who had gone through it. Your anger (towards MIL), advice, support, T&P and supportive PMs meant the world to me. It's amazing how close you can feel to people whose faces you have never even seen! Thank you so very much for your support!! The past 48 hours have been a whirlwind we're on day 4 of a heatwave (103 today!) and there was a countywide blackout last night. DS overheated and had to go to the hospital (he's alright now, thank G~d!!) and our car broke down (the hits just keep on coming, don't they?). However, in the midst of all this DH and I made this issue top priority and, after two several hours long conversations and a restless night's sleep, came to this conclusion: We are not involving the police since the social worker at CYS said that "the second biggest piece of the puzzle is proving malicious intent" (with the biggest piece, of course, being harm to the child). She does not think the judge will see this as a sexually driven act, but a misguided decision by a sick woman. We decided that all contact is cut between DS and the ILs (both!!) until they whole fam-damily does intensive therapy (still trying to figure out how we should decide when/if they are "done"). They saw how serious we were when we did not allow them to see DS in the hospital!! SIL will not allow contact with her LO either until further notice. DH and I have our preliminary counseling session next week and MIL has until Friday at 5pm to set up an appointment with the psychiatrist the social worker recommended or else 3 things happen: 1. DH cuts contact with her, too 2. I make her an appointment 3. I inform her priest what happened (trust me, with this woman, that is waaay worse than telling the police. She is fiercely religious). I'm not sure how to know if she's "better" but I think this psychiatrist has a sort of a program (if I understood correctly) instead of just an indefinite period of time. I have to look into that, but, regardless, her time with DS (if & when the psychiatrist gives her the OK) will ALWAYS be supervised. BIL is being a holdout. He won't go to therapy at all- not even with their priest who he's known since he was 5. DH is willing to go with me but not with his mom unless FIL goes too. FIL is a total schlmeel so I'm not sure if he'll get his lazy butt off the couch to go at all. Maybe to support DH he will. I feel like I'm leaving something out but my head is spinning right now and I'm still a little worried about LO so I'm going to go listen to him breathe the rest of the night and I'll be back in the morning. Again...I can't thank you ladies enough for being here for us!!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***

Re: F/U to "MIL kissed DS's penis" (long)

• Options
    glad to hear therapy is in the works. Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow! Hang in there, woman! Sounds like you are doing everything you can to protect your LO and your family. Be strong!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Good luck to you! I'm sorry you're dealing with this. :(
  • Options
    WOW just WOW! I am so glad you stuck to your guns on this one!
  • Options
    So glad to hear that you are getting her help. I think you are making th right choice. My t&p are with you and your family. 1ht
  • Options
    Thanks for updating, and all the best to your family and H's.  Sounds like a long haul, but I'm glad your LO has such a fierce advocate for a mom.
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, I am so sorry you are going through this. I pray it gets better.
    I support fellow bumpie's Etsy site. Check it out! wpaperco.etsy.com

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so happy that you have something going on. My thoughts and prayers are with your family. I hope that all goes the way you hope. 
    Aug. 15 - Jan. Siggy Challenge "Mean Girls" Mona Vanderwaal Pretty Little Liars  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I'm not even sure if I responded yesterday, I was appauled by your MILs actions and I don't think I responded b/c I wanted to say something about molestation... I'm glad you are taking the proper steps, even if she meant nothing by it she can't play with his penis in anyway it is just wrong and if you have to be the parent her and teach her the proper way to handle a child then so be it, it is your sons well being and you need to do what is right by him and not by anyone else. good for you!
  • Options
    I'm so glad that you and your husband talked about everything and are taking appropriate measures to protect your son. I have been worrying about you and truly hope everything turns out okay. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for updating - and best of luck to you and your family.
  • Options

You have been on my mind all day. It sounds like you have all of the arrows pointing in the right direction. Keep strong for your family. My thoughts are always with you.

• Options

Good luck with everything.  I hope everything works out.  This all sounds like a good solution.

I hope DS is feeling better soon and that you get a break in the heat (it's bananas hot all the way up here too!) 

• Options
    Oh my goodness!  You poor thing!  That is horrible!  I thought my MIL was a nut bag...but she would never do anything like that!  I'm so sorry.  I really hope she didn't molest your DH when he was little.  My heart is aching for you right now.  That totally would have traumatised me.
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Options
    broomybroomy member
    You have been on my mind today, and I'm so happy you guys are moving forward with counseling and relieved that you've got another family member who is completely supportive! Good luck to you guys. I think you're totally doing the right thing, and I hope MIL agrees to counseling!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I'm happy you're getting her help and wish you all the luck in the world. I hope you DS gets feeling better.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Good luck to you.  I'm impressed with your DH, you should be very proud of him.  Your LO will never remember this incident thankfully but I felt for your DH after you mentioned the comments he had made about his mom at various times.   It takes a strong person to come to terms with what seems to be something incredibly painful in his past to protect his wife and LO.  In the long wrong, no matter how painful this will be for the family initially, it will be for the best. 
  • Options

I am sorry you had to deal with this crap. I want to say something in regards to the social worker's comment regardign malicious intent. She/he is wrong. Intent has nothing to do with whether or not a crime is commited. Especially when a child is involved.

I usually say my job was in testing/forensics or I say my degree is in mental health counseling. I have spent the last five years working with the Mentally Disordered Sexual Offender program in Miami Dade County. Basically I ran therapy groups for convicted sexual offenders and predators. My job was to evaluate them to see to see if they were competent to stand trial, make recomendations for treatment following jail/prison, give treatment to the family of the abuser, provide individual treatment to them as well as group therapy. We follow the guidelines for treatment set forth by Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (www.ATSA.org).  I can honestly tell you that as far as the courts/ATSA are concerned "intentions" don't matter. Any inappropriate touching of a sexual area - butt, breast, vagina/penis, groping - is considered sexual battery in most states. The police and the courts do not care if the person intended to cause harm. They are concerned with what the person did.

Now, if you would rather not contact the police it is completely your call. I just want you to know that you can call them. Either way - I am sorry you have had to deal with such a stressful situation. (((hugs)))

• Options
    Wow.  I'm so glad you are taking these measures.  I've been thinking about you and your DS and DH - what an awful ordeal.
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I've been thinking about you all day!

I'm glad things seem to be going in the right direction! Hugs for you and DH (I'm so glad he's going, too!) and tons of cheek pinches and toe tickles for your DS! Good luck!

This is a test. This is only a test.
  • Options
    Im glad you came to decision and I hope everything works out for you. I cant imagine having to go through something like this so I hope things get better from now on!
  • Options
    Maybe I missed something? I agree that the MIL shouldn't get to see the child until she goes to therapy. I don't understand why the whole family HAS to go to counseling. Did I miss something in your first post? You only "suspect" that your DH and his brother were molested. If he has yet to admit this to you, his wife, the mother of his child, that he was molested, why would you force your BIL to have to seek help if he didn't want to? The weight that would be on his shoulders would probably be unbearable for most. Either he goes to counseling and admits everything that supposedly happened, or his family never get's to see your child. If I had to go to counseling for something my mom did I would be livid. *IF* it happened, it's like you are forcing him to have those memories again. Obviously he found a way to get over it and get on with his life. Focus on the MIL, she's the one that's in the wrong here. *IF* your DH admits to you that she got away with abuse to them, then the FIL should go to jail too.
  • Options

Kudos to you for handling this situation in such a constructive way. 

I could care less about your MIL because she seems like a sicko, but I'm glad you are getting on the same page with your H and getting your family (IE you, H and LO) healthy first.

Even if MIL doesn't go to counseling, at least you guys will know that you are standing together as a family to protect your child. 

• Options

I missed your first post but just wanted to say this. I'm super kissy with my LO. I kiss every inch of her all the time. It has never once occurred to me to kiss her genitals.

That is just beyond strange and there is no way I would let that woman have unsupervised time with my child. just be thankful you were in the room to see it happen because at least now you know that she's crazy and thinks her behaviour was normal. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options

I don't know how I missed this, I'm so sorry your going through this.  I'm glad that your trying to get help and I hope everything works out for your family. Don't let anyone try to talk you into anything your not comfortable with, if you don't want your DS to be anywhere near your MIL even after counseling then thats your decision and you have every right to make it.

• Options

Whew I never commented on your 1st post because I missed it completely until tonight when it was reposted. I read that whole damn thing and yes I whole heartedly agree it was molestation....like soko said (I think it was soko) there are degrees of molestation....was it a quick touch or hours of touching? was it lips that touched the genitals or hands? were the fingers inside or outside the genitals? I say who the fvck cares! that was the 1st time the OP saw the MIL do that...doesn't mean it hadn't happened before or if it was something similar or different....the point is she saw something that wasn't right. If the MIL didn't intend to get aroused or wasn't aroused to me doesn't matter either....it looked like she was molesting or it had an appearance of molesting, and she had a desire for some reason to do that. Those two reasons alone are good enough to report the woman. Adults should know not to do that just for the fact that it can be taken very very wrong and can be prosecuted because it is a criminal act in our society. Kids get in trouble for taking a gun to school....even if later authorities find it is a water gun instead. It appeared to be a real gun and you can't risk not taking action. Next time it could have been a real gun. Do you want to be the the person who doesn't protect kids by not taking it seriously?

Sure there are different definitions, rape and sexual assault are more serious but molesting can be so many things. 

Honestly, if my MIL had texted me her passive aggressive apology...all I could think of for a reply would be, "die mother fvcker die!"

I have been molested before and there is NO WAY I will ever let that happen to my daughter EVER, EVER, EVER. I know it sucks but if my DH wasn't on board with taking action and so on. I would have to not care about his feelings.....It's not about DH or his families feelings or repressed memories or whatever it's about DS not getting molested again EVER, EVER, EVER again. I so wish people would stop making up excuses for these damn people....oh she has boundary issues! BS!!!!  When our grandfather molested all of us grand kids one of my Aunts made kept saying he wasn't feeling well for a time! ok that is an understatement of a lifetime! and he molested some of us grandkids in different degrees as well....was anyone less molested????

• Options

good luck and god bless

she is creepy  

• Options
    imagelowlife:
    Maybe I missed something? I agree that the MIL shouldn't get to see the child until she goes to therapy. I don't understand why the whole family HAS to go to counseling. Did I miss something in your first post? You only "suspect" that your DH and his brother were molested. If he has yet to admit this to you, his wife, the mother of his child, that he was molested, why would you force your BIL to have to seek help if he didn't want to? The weight that would be on his shoulders would probably be unbearable for most. Either he goes to counseling and admits everything that supposedly happened, or his family never get's to see your child. If I had to go to counseling for something my mom did I would be livid. *IF* it happened, it's like you are forcing him to have those memories again. Obviously he found a way to get over it and get on with his life. Focus on the MIL, she's the one that's in the wrong here. *IF* your DH admits to you that she got away with abuse to them, then the FIL should go to jail too.
    Sorry I was exhausted las night when I posted. BIL is not holding up any progress for our family (me, dh, ds). SIL also has wanted to get him help and saw this as an opportunity. We'll still move forward regardless. FIL doesn't necessarily have to either but dh wants his support. 1ht
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Options
    imageKateLouise:

I missed your first post but just wanted to say this. I'm super kissy with my LO. I kiss every inch of her all the time. It has never once occurred to me to kiss her genitals.

That is just beyond strange and there is no way I would let that woman have unsupervised time with my child. just be thankful you were in the room to see it happen because at least now you know that she's crazy and thinks her behaviour was normal. 

I just said the same thing to my BFF. I'm so glad we're not 5-10 years down the road and I find out this woman has been a predator behind my back. I feel blessed I was able to nip this in the bud right away!
  • Options
    imageMCC1010:

I am sorry you had to deal with this crap. I want to say something in regards to the social worker's comment regardign malicious intent. She/he is wrong. Intent has nothing to do with whether or not a crime is commited. Especially when a child is involved.

I usually say my job was in testing/forensics or I say my degree is in mental health counseling. I have spent the last five years working with the Mentally Disordered Sexual Offender program in Miami Dade County. Basically I ran therapy groups for convicted sexual offenders and predators. My job was to evaluate them to see to see if they were competent to stand trial, make recomendations for treatment following jail/prison, give treatment to the family of the abuser, provide individual treatment to them as well as group therapy. We follow the guidelines for treatment set forth by Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers (www.ATSA.org).  I can honestly tell you that as far as the courts/ATSA are concerned "intentions" don't matter. Any inappropriate touching of a sexual area - butt, breast, vagina/penis, groping - is considered sexual battery in most states. The police and the courts do not care if the person intended to cause harm. They are concerned with what the person did.

Now, if you would rather not contact the police it is completely your call. I just want you to know that you can call them. Either way - I am sorry you have had to deal with such a stressful situation. (((hugs)))

Thanks for this! DH and I will check this site out together. Thanks so much for sharing your expertise.
  • Options
    imageItaliannvegas:

Whew I never commented on your 1st post because I missed it completely until tonight when it was reposted. I read that whole damn thing and yes I whole heartedly agree it was molestation....like soko said (I think it was soko) there are degrees of molestation....was it a quick touch or hours of touching? was it lips that touched the genitals or hands? were the fingers inside or outside the genitals? I say who the fvck cares! that was the 1st time the OP saw the MIL do that...doesn't mean it hadn't happened before or if it was something similar or different....the point is she saw something that wasn't right. If the MIL didn't intend to get aroused or wasn't aroused to me doesn't matter either....it looked like she was molesting or it had an appearance of molesting, and she had a desire for some reason to do that. Those two reasons alone are good enough to report the woman. Adults should know not to do that just for the fact that it can be taken very very wrong and can be prosecuted because it is a criminal act in our society. Kids get in trouble for taking a gun to school....even if later authorities find it is a water gun instead. It appeared to be a real gun and you can't risk not taking action. Next time it could have been a real gun. Do you want to be the the person who doesn't protect kids by not taking it seriously?

Sure there are different definitions, rape and sexual assault are more serious but molesting can be so many things. 

Honestly, if my MIL had texted me her passive aggressive apology...all I could think of for a reply would be, "die mother fvcker die!"

I have been molested before and there is NO WAY I will ever let that happen to my daughter EVER, EVER, EVER. I know it sucks but if my DH wasn't on board with taking action and so on. I would have to not care about his feelings.....It's not about DH or his families feelings or repressed memories or whatever it's about DS not getting molested again EVER, EVER, EVER again. I so wish people would stop making up excuses for these damn people....oh she has boundary issues! BS!!!!  When our grandfather molested all of us grand kids one of my Aunts made kept saying he wasn't feeling well for a time! ok that is an understatement of a lifetime! and he molested some of us grandkids in different degrees as well....was anyone less molested????

I'm so sorry you had to go through that and thank you for sharing it with me in order to help me help my baby. You're right, there is no "less molested". I don't know where this journey is going to take us or if I'll ever let her near him again but hearing from others who have also been hurt (and there are a lot on this board!) helps me see it from DS's position and fires me up to not fall for the namby pamby crap the ILs are giving me: "you're overreacting" "you know she didn't mean it sexually" "she didn't hurt him" etc.... I'm starting to think they're ALL sick!
  • Options
    Good luck!  Take care of your family & your LO!
  • Options

imageStrawberryAlarmClock:
    I don't know where this journey is going to take us or if I'll ever let her near him again but hearing from others who have also been hurt (and there are a lot on this board!) helps me see it from DS's position and fires me up to not fall for the namby pamby crap the ILs are giving me: "you're overreacting" "you know she didn't mean it sexually" "she didn't hurt him" etc.... I'm starting to think they're ALL sick!

Yeah, that's BS.  It doesn't matter what was meant by it.  It's inappropriate.  If a child came to school & told me that someone did that to them, you can bet your a** I'd call CPS.  Stick to your guns.  You are not overreacting.

ETA:  We teach all kids if someone touches you in your private spots, tell an adult.  Why should it be any different for your son just because he's not old enough to tell anyone about it.

• Options
    You guys have me starting to tear up. Thanks so much to everyone who has had my family in their thoughts and prayers. Reading things like "I've been thinking about you all day" and that my boys (DH & DS) are in your T&P really helps me feel like we're not alone and a whole slew of people are behind us. It also means a lot to me when you say you are sorry my family is going through this because that shows that you recognize just how deep and far reaching the damage is. A while ago someone posted the question "do you actually have a bumpie in your thoughts and prayers when you post T&P?" I didn't respond but I'm one of the ones who certainly does. In fact, I'm already praying for the bumpie as I open her post to read the details. Knowing that in our family's time of need, you are all just as sincere is a huge help. I can't thank you enough. XOXO to all bumpies for being real. And xoxo from DS for caring enough to share research, websites, phone numbers and more to help him...but he gives those sloppy baby kisses so you might want to wipe your cheek after! ;)
  • Options
    I'm so glad you've come up with a constructive game plan. I understand you not wanting to get the police involved, and this seems like a good alternative. Good luck with everything and keep us posted!
  • Options
    Sounds like you have a good plan.  Best of luck to you and your family.
  • Options

I'm sorry your dealing with this, but it sounds like you have a supportive DH and an excellent plan of action. GL to you!

• Options

I am so happy to hear that you guys have come up with a plan. Doubly glad that your DH and you are on the same page. It breaks my heart that you are dealing with this, please know that you are in my prayers. (And yes I do absolutely pray for bumpies!)

I hope your DS is feeling better soon. Thanks for the update, I hope you feel comfortable to continue updating us. I pray that no matter what your little family (DH, you and LO) will come out of this a stronger family. Stand Strong Momma! You have a lot of support behind you!

• Options
    I read that post the other day and thank you for the follow up. It is truly disturbing and I couldn't even begin to imagine. I'm so glad that you and DH are being proactive and that he is on board with everything as well. You are a strong woman and are doing the right thing. No matter the "intent" it is inappropriate. I wish you all the best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"