Military Families
Options

do you get zyrtec from your doc on base?

I was on zyrtec d from the clinic before I got pg now I can only take plain zyrtec.  Will they still fill this for me or do I have to buy it over the counter? It's so pricey!! I had to spend the money when they will fill it for me.

I've been trying to call and leave a message morning

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: do you get zyrtec from your doc on base?

• Options
    Yes I got plain zyrtec from the dr on post for during pregnancy it comes in a generic bottle with the label cetrizine on it
  • Options
    They will fill it for you, just in the generic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

As long as they have it on the local formulary, the provider should be able to order it for you at the MTF pharmacy.  Technically, an MTF pharmacy is only required to choose one of the newer antihistamines to have on local formulary (Claritin, Allegra, or Zyrtec), but I'm pretty sure almost all MTFs have all three.  If not, you can at least get a prescription to take off base for a $3 copay. 

Source: me, an Air Force pharmacist

Hilary
    imageimage
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagehilwithonelary:

As long as they have it on the local formulary, the provider should be able to order it for you at the MTF pharmacy.  Technically, an MTF pharmacy is only required to choose one of the newer antihistamines to have on local formulary (Claritin, Allegra, or Zyrtec), but I'm pretty sure almost all MTFs have all three.  If not, you can at least get a prescription to take off base for a $3 copay. 

Source: me, an Air Force pharmacist

THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU! 

I love having a military Pharmacist on the board.  I love the TRICARE Pharm benefit.  It is the best (least expensive and has the best coverage of drugs) in the country, if not the world.

And to ME it is the easiest system to understand $3, $9, $22 - or free if you got the script on base.

But trying to explain the formulary (and the fact that congress effing screwed up by using the terms Formulary and Non-Formulary instead of Preferred and Non-Preferred), can be daunting. 

Especially when it comes to step therapy.  No, you are not going to have to pay $22 (seriously, just $22) if you can only take that one drug.   I do not know how many times I had to literally start the paperwork for medical necessity for my members. 

And I just loved working with ESI.  They were the only MCSC (other than WPS) that did not come across as used car salesmen.   

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Options

imageprincess262:
    Yes I got plain zyrtec from the dr on post for during pregnancy it comes in a generic bottle with the label cetrizine on it

This.  They will even fill a prescription for Motrin, even though you can buy it over the counter.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"