Two Under 2
Options

what id your toddler doing when you put the baby to sleep?

DS is such a sleep fighter that it usually takes me rocking him for a good 10-15 mins before he falls asleep. i'm not sure what to do with DD at this point b/c if she's next to she is usually talking loud, crying, etc. so what do you do with DC#1 while getting DC2 down?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: what id your toddler doing when you put the baby to sleep?

• Options

I am curious to see responses to this as well.

I know some people give their older LO something quiet to do (books, crayons, etc.) but DS does not understand how to be quiet. No matter what I give him to keep him occupied, he is still loud!

I have also read that some will leave the older LO gated in a baby-proofed room while you put the younger one down.  This doesn't really work for us either because he just screams when I walk away. 

I basically have just resorted to bouncing DD on the exercise ball in the living room while DS plays. Some days she falls asleep easily with the noise, others it takes her a while. I'm hoping to come up with a better system!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    p.s. your LO's are adorable!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD1 goes to bed first, so she is already asleep. DD1 goes down between 7 and 7:30. Baby goes down around 9.
  • Options
    Mrs.VMrs.V member
    At night DS1 still goes to bed before DS2. During the day DS2 just falls asleep however I can get him to depending on what I'm doing with DS1! I will have to get a better routine started soon!
  • Options
    I usually have to nurse/rock #2 to and #1 is a pest. I have to lock him out of the room or he'll be pulling on her feet and grabbing her hands while I'm trying to get her down! I close the gate at the end of the hall and JD is essentially locked in the living room. Because of the way we have gates configured in our house, there is no other room he can get to and the living room is completely safe for him. In order to get him to stay quiet I make sure his sippy is full, sometimes give him a snack (depending on the time) and turn on the TV. He's very active/loud so TV is the only way I can get him to sit quietly for 10 minutes while Allie goes to sleep. Once she is asleep she can sleep through anything so noise after she falls asleep is OK!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    DS #1 goes to bed before DS#2.  If this weren't the case, one of us would just take DS#1 elsewhere to play while we put DS#2 to bed.  If my DH wasn't home to help, I'd leave DS#1 to play in his child-proof playroom while I put DS#2 to sleep.  Honestly though, I'd just consider holding DS#2 off until after DS#1 goes to bed.  It's really much easier that way.
    Moved to Maple Valley, Washington January 2012
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"