2nd Trimester
Options

Other than Dreft

Someone somewhere at some point in the beginning of my pregancy told me that they had came up with a new detergent that was like Dreft but cheaper. Can't remember what it is called. Anyone know what it is?

Re: Other than Dreft

• Options
    I've heard from a lot of sources to bypass Dreft entirely and just get a Free & Clear type laundry detergent. Tide has one, All has one, I've been using Costco's for years. They're all over, and far cheaper than baby-specific ones, which often have fragrance and softeners that can irritate sensitive skin.
  • Options
    All has a baby version, which is cheaper.  We just used All Free & Clear or Tide Free.  Dreft & All Baby still have perfumes in it, so if your LO has very sensitive skin it could irritate it, the "Free" detergents don't.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No clue.  I switched to Tide Free when I had ds and it's worked perfectly.  He has exzema and the tide doesn't irritate it.
  • Options

Target has their Up & Up brand detergent that's free and clear, which I use sometimes....I like it, but I prefer Tide.

I'm not buying a special detergent for Lentil's clothes.  I'm just going to make sure that I start using an extra rinse cycle...this is what I've heard a lot of pediatricians say to do...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure but like PP I am just going to use one of the free and clear detergents.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    We use All Free and Clear with our laundry... plus we buy a generic scent/dye free color bleach for tough loads.  My DD has eczema, so we can't use anything with scents/dyes.  This works for us.
  • Options
    Purex Hypoallergenic detergent, much cheaper!
  • Options
    LCB34LCB34 member
    We use Method Free and Clear to wash all of our clothes and use it for the baby's things as well.
  • Options
    skyejoskyejo member
    I'm not sure of the Dreft alternative product, but I'm planning on using the same detergent that I use on my clothes--a natural one from Trader Joe's. It works great.
  • Options
    Try Charlie's soap or rockin green. Natural and better for the environment.
  • Options
    I've been using Tide Free & Clear for years and do not plan on switching.  Babies clothes will get tossed in and washed with everyone else's clothes with the Tide detergent.  I will, however, wash our cloth diapers seperately :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
  • Options
    DD and DS have very sensitive skin and I've never been able to use Dreft. The Tide version works best, I think, since the other detergents "spoil" faster. And being a new mom, you're not going to have the time to get the clothes out of the washer the moment it stops, so if you live in a high-humidity or very hot climate, I say go with the Tide version. That way, if you forget about the clothes over-night, or for several hrs during the day you won't have to re-wash due to the smell of spoiled laundry.
  • Options

Just avoid Dreft or anything like it. Dreft still containes perfumes (hence the "baby"smell). Just go for a free & clear detergent. Most brands make them nowadays. You will save yourself lots of $$.

• Options
    i used dreft before the baby arrived to wash all the stuff we got, then quickly switched to all free and clear, or whatever was on sale.  no problems.
  • Options
    We are going to use kirkland free and clear from Costco when the baby arrives. 
    It's a GIRL! Born 12/16/10 Baby 2.0 is on the way! Due in June.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"