Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Baptism RSVP's - Advice / Vent

My baby is being baptized on July 24th. I sent out invites the begining of June and asked for people to RSVP by the 5th of July. I also added a menu and asked people to let us know what they want to eat when they RSVP. (We didn't want to do mail back cards for they cost to much money and the money for the stamps, which we didn't want. Esp when the invites cost about 85)

As of right now I have only have had a hand few of people respond back. This is out of the 75 people invited.

I even had one person call my father to RSVP, which I personally think is kind of rude since my phone number is on the invite.

Some people that I know that are coming (becuase they are flying in and he is the Godfather) hasn't even let me know what they want to eat.

Some people I know aren't coming becuase they live in NY, NJ, CT, MA and would have needed to make arrangments ahead of time haven't even called yet.

I guess my question is after the 5th, do I start calling these people? What do I say to them? Do I ask them if they got the invite? Do I just straight up ask are you coming?

I have never hosted anything before and have no clue what to do. My mom took care of this for my wedding and now I don't know what to do....

I just wish people would just call....I know I usually respond to things the first week of getting the invite myself.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baptism RSVP's - Advice / Vent

• Options
    They still have a week be paitient.  Come July 6th start making phone calls and tell them you need a final head count for catering purposes.
  • Options
    imagesmorzandoj:
    They still have a week be paitient.  Come July 6th start making phone calls and tell them you need a final head count for catering purposes.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagesmorzandoj:

This.  I had somewhat the same situation as you in that I sent out my invites really early and then had a lag on the RSVPs.  You're also dealing with a holiday weekend, so don't be surprised if you do have to get on the horn.

Is there any way you can change the menu to a buffet or something so it doesn't matter if they tell you what they want to eat?  You'd still have to guess at the final number, but it would eliminate one level of stress for you.

Piper, 4/10/10
    Connor, 3/16/15
    Morgan, EDD 9/22/16

• Options

If you wanted to know earlier, then you should have made the RSVP date earlier.

• Options
    Holy crap! You invite 75 people to the baptism? We are just doing immediate family and grandparents (ours). I just did evites.
  • Options

This is a pretty typical scenerio when planning events.  People are completely clueless when it comes to RSVP etiquette.

I guess my question is after the 5th, do I start calling these people?  Yes

What do I say to them? Hi [insert guest name], this is [insert your name].  I was just doing a final head count for baby's baptism and I noticed I didn't have your RSVP.  I wanted to make sure you received an invitation, and if you will be coming.  Also, what is your meal choice so that I can inform the caterer?

Daisypath Christmas tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Missed miscarriage 12/26/11 at 12 weeks
  • Options
    imageWilwarin:

This is a pretty typical scenerio when planning events.  People are completely clueless when it comes to RSVP etiquette.

I guess my question is after the 5th, do I start calling these people?  Yes

What do I say to them? Hi [insert guest name], this is [insert your name].  I was just doing a final head count for baby's baptism and I noticed I didn't have your RSVP.  I wanted to make sure you received an invitation, and if you will be coming.  Also, what is your meal choice so that I can inform the caterer?

Yup!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"