Health & Exercise
Options

30 Day Shred...anyone tried it?

So after being in denial about my weight gain in the past year I  finally stepped on the scale....I HAVE GAINED 25 POUNDS SINCE OUR WEDDING LAST YEAR!!  UGH.

So I decided to go find a new fitness DVD (since I hate spending money on a gym membership).  I picked up Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and did my first workout this morning.  I only did level 1 workout and it still was rough at times for me!! 

I am hoping to even lose 10 pounds before we get pregnant...so I just beefed up our fridge with healthy veggies and whatnot and will try to motivate myself to workout every day for these next 30 days. 

OKAY...SORRY THIS IS GETTING LONG. All I want to know is if anyone has tried the 30 day shred before...and how did it work for you??  Any other workout DVDs that you would recommend?  Thanks!!

*Note: also posted on TTGP*

Re: 30 Day Shred...anyone tried it?

• Options
    Hi!  30 Day Shred is a GREAT workout if you can stick with it.  I lost 16 lbs. in 30 days but the best results are how great you will feel and how toned you will be!  GL!  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I love it. I have to admit though, that I haven't done it for 30 days straight. BUT, I truly believe the key to losing weight is a healthy diet. Make sure you are eating lots of fruits and veggies, lean protein, and stay away from "bad" carbs (pastas, cereals, processed foods, etc).

I actually did weight watchers and lost a lot of weight after having baby #2. I weigh less now than I did before having DS1--and that was with no exercise yet. I just started exercising regularly again June 1st. GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm doing this now...I'm on my 24th day and also on a high protein diet. I've lost 7lbs so far.
  • Options
    i'm doing it too. day 1 & day 2 were tough but my day 3 it wasn't too bad. good luck :)
  • Options
    I have done this video, but not 30 days straight, just in between other workouts like running. Maybe I should try it for 30 days. It sure does hurt afterward though :) How long do you stay on level 1? Just whenever you feel ready to advance? I like level 1 because it has push ups. Always wanted to be able to do a bunch of those, so when I did go to level 2, it was tough-er, but no push ups. Great for a 20 minute workout in my opinion. :) Good luck!
  • Options

I would do some cardio along with the 30DS, and also pay close attention to your diet.

I made it to Level 2 (11 days of level 1, 10 days of level 2), and then joined the gym and work out there now. I think the workout is good, but I don't think it was all I needed to lose weight. It was a good jump start into my weight loss and it's a good quick workout, I believe I lost 3lbs on the 30DS and I wasn't doing any additional exercises outside of the DVD.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"