Meal rave!!! — The Bump
Texas Babies

Meal rave!!!

Matt and I have a new fav meal and I wanted to share bc it is soooo easy and quick to prepare!

Shrimp Veracruz. (or fish, or scallops.. or even chicken!)

At HEB, by the "Cooking Connection" there is a jarred Veracruz sauce by Cookwell & Company. It's expensive, $7.99, but you could easily get 2-3 meals out of 1 jar. I normally make my own sauces, but this is so fresh and yummy and I don't think I could make it any better.

All you do is saute your shrimp (or scallops, fish or chix) and pour this sauce over and let simmer 2-3 minutes.  The whole process takes less than 10 minutes. I serve it with brown rice and a salad- it's basically fat free! Very healthy. 

Just thought I would share.  We highly highly recommend!!

:) 

lol... and thought I would add, that I don't own this company or profit from it in any way... now if you were to buy Ana's Salsa, that would be a different story ;) Easily found in the fresh produce section at your HEB! haha!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Meal rave!!!

• hmm sounds like a good meal to make this weekend!! Yum!
  • Loading the player...
  • Sounds yummy! :) Glad you found something great. I love it when that happens. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Mark and i like this one too!  I have tried quite a few (green chile stew, cacciatore, etc.) and they are all good.  I usually try a new one when they have a coupon for it (sometimes they have $2 off coupons!)

Something I do that is easy and quick:

simmer tilapia fillets in a can of drained Rotel and some lime juice, let it cook through, break it up a bit and serve it in corn or flour tortillas (and if you want coleslaw/broccoli slaw/shredded lettuce) for easy fish tacos!  Great with a side of black beans and corn. =)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards