Multiples
Options

City Select with Newborns PIP

If anyone is considering getting the BJ City Select, I discovered that you totally don't need to spring for the bassinets. I use mine with newborns without them- just recline the seats all the way, fold the footrests down, and place a Snuzzler in each seat for extra support. 

Just thought I'd post this in case anyone is considering this stroller.

Re: City Select with Newborns PIP

• Options

isn't it great? :)

yeah- bassinets are a total waste of money with pretty much any stroller that has them available... b/c almost all of those can recline fully, which is all an infant needs.  You use bassinets for such a short time- not worth it (they do look cool though!).  I never had them with any of my strollers.

do you have the car seat attachments? I finally saw someone with them in the mall - it looked really cool- the seats were nice and high.  I didn't get my Select until January when the babies were not using the infant seats anymore so I never used it that way.  It was cool to see - i'm such a stroller dork!

• Options
    Thanks for posting this!! :-) we have the car seat adapter and have been using it as a DSNG.. Nice to know we have options!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thankyou for posting this! Now I just need to see a chicco tandem in use :-)
    Married 6/30/07, TTC 9/07,Mc 12/07, Mc #2 10/8/09,Twin boys 11/30/10, seperated 8/11image
    "Our greatest glory isn't in never falling but in rising every time we fall"
    8/24/09 3rd cycle on 50mg Clomid= BFP 9/23/09 =10/8/09 m/c #2 at 6wks 2days 3/9/10 4th Cycle on 50mg Clomid = BFP 4-5-10 200mg prometrium 2xdaily 1st beta/progesterone 10dpo=43 2nd beta 13dpo=339 u/s 4/16=5wks 3days single visible sac and fetal pole h/b 4/28=Suprise it's Twins! 150 and 127 bpm Labor Buddy to Sonadora and Strunella
    cleaning2
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Craft Blog *~* Loss/Pg Blog: PM me if you'd like to read along *~*Bfp Chart imageimage
  • Options
    Wow! Thanks so much for posting this! I just assembled ours this weekend and now I'm going to add 2 Snuzzlers to our registry Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for posting these! I'm still trying to convince my husband that we NEED this stroller. lol. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks for the pic!

This is the stroller we're getting, along with two Pegs.   I never thought about folding the seats all the way back and using them for newborns that way, too.  Good to know we'll have options. 

TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our baby girl is here!
  • Options
    Looks great!  I'm waiting for mine to come in since they are backordered.
  • Options

imagemarbear81:
    Thanks for posting this!! :-) we have the car seat adapter and have been using it as a DSNG.. Nice to know we have options!

Is it easy to fold up and use for running errands?  Would it be easy to switch one of the car seat attachments and a seat??  I am looking for a double that I can sometimes use as a DSNG or as a stroller where I can seat DD and one of the babies. 

• Options
    imageRangergal9:

imagemarbear81:

Is it easy to fold up and use for running errands?  Would it be easy to switch one of the car seat attachments and a seat??  I am looking for a double that I can sometimes use as a DSNG or as a stroller where I can seat DD and one of the babies. 

Yah - I think this stroller would be perfect for you! Everything just pops in and out...
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks you SO much for posting this!  Quick question: Can you fold it easily with both seats?  I know with the UB Vista, you have to remove the 2nd seat attachement.
    image Nicholas Jacob born on 06/30/2009, 9.5lbs and 21 1/4" long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Joshua Scott 5.3lbs & Jonathan Matthew 6.2lbs, born 08/31/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagebusybea:
    Thanks you SO much for posting this!  Quick question: Can you fold it easily with both seats?  I know with the UB Vista, you have to remove the 2nd seat attachement.

It can fold with both seats, but that's a little trickier to do and it also doesn't lay as flat that way. Removing one seat to fold it is SO easy... it takes about 4 seconds because the seat just literally snaps on and off.

In fact, we usually remove both seats to fold it even though that's not necessary. It just takes no time at all so I don't even think about it (and it's just as easy to put the seats back ON as it is to take them off).

LOVE this stroller!

• Options
    Where did you get your adorable twin boy/girl announcements? love those!
  • Options

imagealturner:
    Where did you get your adorable twin boy/girl announcements? love those!

tinyprints.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"