Postpartum Depression
Options

Follow up from below.

I saw the Dr. on Wed. she was really nice. Wants to do some other test to make sure physically I am okay. She did prescribe Wellbutrin and Nexium for my stomach issue. She believes that my stomach aches are stress related. All in all it was good to just know I am taking a step in the right direction. My DH of course just snickered when I told him what she said. He is also a huge part of all of this and I am beginning to think that I might be a lot happier without someone who believes that because his Mom didn't have this then no one should. He is the type that says PMS is BS and so were my hormones during pregnancy. So now I just must wait to see if all of this really makes me feel better, but they said 4-6 weeks before I will notice anything. If anyone else is on Wellbutrin can you tell me anything about you experience with it. Thanks so much it really helps to write this and get it off my chest.

Re: Follow up from below.

• Options
    I'm glad you saw the doc. Is there any way your dh would consider going to a counseling session with you - maybe that would help him "see the light" as to what you're dealing with.
  • Options
    I'm not on Wellbutrin, but I am on Lexapro and in my experience, you will gradually and slowly start to feel better.  It doesn't happen overnight and you may not even notice that you're feeling better.  Then one day you'll wake up and realize that you actually feel "normal" again.  And I say "normal" because it's a different normal.  You won't feel the exact same as you did before, but you'll feel good again.  I hope it happens soon for you! 

photo 444e1a74-1f01-47b5-8489-88b2999f2e54_zpse873dcde.jpg 

Mommy's sweet girls

Kaatje Grace 4.26.2010

Eloise Hope 2.10.2012

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i am on zoloft but i thought i was having stomach problems as well and even had testing done on my gallbladder...nope just anxiety! I think you need to have a good support system or things will never get better...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    and i am sorry to hear he acted like that to you! and hope things do start to get better! at about 2 weeks with zoloft i felt a little different...4 weeks getting there...and 6 weeks a lot better! instead of 90% of my thoughts it is only about 30%
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"