3rd Trimester
Options

I wish people would stop telling me I'm having a boy!

We're team green and we're most certainly happy in the case of a boy or a girl. However, I'm so tired of people telling me I'm having a boy given how I'm carrying! Tonight, we had our first doula interview, and the first things she said is, "So, you're having a boy!" First off, I thought that whole sex dependent on how you're carrying thing was a myth. Second, let's say it wasn't - is there a reason people want to take the element of surprise away? Vent over.

Re: I wish people would stop telling me I'm having a boy!

• Options
    It is a myth.,.ignore it..all the OWT and tricks like the ring on string gender charts and a coworker who was "never wrong" about these things etc said I was having a boy and from our 14 wk u/s on she was all girl Confused
  • Options
    Oh it totally is I am so low and this LO is a girl every one tells me its a boy :( I really commend you guys for wanting to be surprised its such a special moment (I would have to imagine since Im impatient) and people want to cheapen it by saying its a ________ whatever... :( Sorry people are bugging you!
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Even thought we found out what we are having people did the same to me.. It does get annoying.. How are you carrying??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

same here!!!!!!!!!!!

EVERYONE says that to me - based on how I'm carrying - and that is SO a myth!

oh well, I think people just like to have something to say, and can't think of anything else/better :)

• Options
    JJ1973JJ1973 member
    imagemississippigirl09:

Even thought we found out what we are having people did the same to me.. It does get annoying.. How are you carrying??

I'm carrying pretty low.

• Options
    IGNORE the peanut gallery!!! I am having a girl and am carrying the exact same as I was when I had my son. So when they say oh your having a boy, say nope it's a girl! stop them before it begins..
  • Options
    I hear ya! Everyone keeps saying I'm having a girl. I feel it's a boy though... I just let it go in one ear and out the other.
  • Options
    oh ok... My friend and I are having boys but we are not carrying the same.. so people just need to hush lol..
  • Options
    Oh I did find out I'm having a girl, and there's still this know-it-all lady at work who keeps telling me the ultrasound tech is wrong and it's definitely a boy, and I'm going to be shocked when I deliver.  It makes me so freaking mad!  We saw the three lines!  It's a girl!  I wasn't asking your opinion on my baby's gender >:oI
  • Options
    I am carrying really low and have been my entire pregnancy and I am having a girl! But before I found out, everyone was saying it was a boy since I was carrying so low, yep they were wrong!
  • Options
    I get this too ... my response (since we know it's a girl) is "Well I hope he doesn't mind being called Mia! he he he
  • Options

hahaha i have known im having a girl since week 17 my cousin works for a womens health group and they had me come in on a slow day and we were there for like an hour. NO and if or buts about it.....A GIRL!! To this day now that im 37 weeks I dont know how many ppl tell me im having a boy! They say its how im carrying too--i just said I was blessed with carrying all in the belly and not gaining it everywhere else deal with it! haha

Dont listen to anyone...as long as your little one is healthy that is all that matters! Good Luck

• Options
    I completely understand what you're saying. EVERYONE tells me I must be having a boy because of the way I'm carrying. It just so happens I am, but if I was team green, I'd be frustrated with the comment as well. Try not to let it get to you Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

THANK YOU

I am not finding out either, and people are sooooo sure about it being a boy

Although I'm super annoyed after half a year of this , my response is,

"Well, as long as it's one or the other I'll be thrilled"

• Options
    I work in an assisted living, and a few weeks before we found out I was having a girl,  one of my residents came up to me and told me it was a girl.  She asked me if I wanted to know how she knew... and then just proceeded to tell me it was because I was carrying "wide in the rear".  Nice.  Unrelated to gender, but this pregnancy and my last one I've been told that I look further along than I am, or "you must be having twins"...  I wish people would just keep their comments to themselves!
  • Options

Almost EVERYONE that I come across feels the need to tell me that I am having a boy..." Sooo...you're having a boy?!?!"

Nope.  It's a girl.  They are always so surprised, ask if I'm sure, etc etc.  Listen lady, I've had three sonograms and all three sonograms have indicated that this baby inside of me is a girl...so yeah, I'm sure!

• Options

I HATE OWTs!  I had someone tell me last time it was a girl because my "nose was wider."  Umm what!  Thanks a lot!  And no, it was a freaking boy!

This time I'm getting equal amounts of people being soooo sure it's a boy or a girl.  Ok, people, if I wanted to know, I would've found out 10 weeks ago! 

• Options

I was told by a coworker, "wow, you're carrying so high...you're having a girl!"

I turned around and literally the next coworker I ran into said, "wow, you're carrying so high...you're having a boy!"

Confused

• Options
    We're Team Green, and everyone thinks I'm having a boy.  But I think it's a boy, too, so it doesn't bother me!  I'll probably fall out of bed if it's a girl.  I'll still be thrilled, but just very surprised!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

DD: 6/21/10
    DS: 10/11/14
  • Options

I'm totally with you on this! DH's entire family thinks it's a boy and tells us every chance they get. We've only seen them 2-3 times since I've been showing...so it's not based on how I'm carrying...it's based on one aunt's DREAMS. She claims to be psychic (honestly, not being sarcastic).

I try to just cheerfully say, "Well you have a 50/50 chance of being right!" But inside it bugs me so much and makes me want to have a girl.  

• Options

I'm expecting my second girl and everybody always tells me that I'm having a boy because of how I'm carrying, and they also did the same with my DD.

What's worse is when I tell them that I'm having a girl for sure and that people used to tell me the same thing about my DD they always respond with..."I still think you're going to have a litte surprise in the delivery room!"

OMG people...I'm not having a boy!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"