Military Families

Argh! MH is going to get it!

My hubs has been sick for two weeks now, sneezing, wheezing, coughing the works.  He has been taking allergy medicine but it hasn't been working and I've been telling him to go to medical because I wanted to make sure he wasn't sick-sick not just allergy sick. I basically didn't want him making the baby sick.  MH finally went to medical yesterday but instead of telling them his symptoms he let them just tell him its allergies and told him to take allergy meds.  He was in and out in about 5 minutes.  

Well DS had been super cranky all week and last night had a horribly runny nose, and started sneezing and coughing.   Just great! Now DS keeps me up because he can't breathe, and MH keeps me up because he coughs so freaking loud and long (it actually wakes up the baby in the other room).  And I woke up this morning with a runny nose! And to make matters worse he's going on AT next week for two freaking weeks.  Gets us sick and then leaves!

I think I'm going to have to hurt my husband!  haha

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Argh! MH is going to get it!

• Not cool!  Hope you and your LO feel better.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP 2/17/12 EDD 10/24/12 MM/C 3/22/12 D&C 3/27, 4/4, 4/9
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Goodness that sucks. Keep an eye on your little one for croup. Everyone with young kids that are sick seem to have it right now. I hope y'all get and feel better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Gah, I'm having flashbacks. Last summer, I was repeatedly told by the MTF that my cough and breathing troubles were allergies.  It went on for months until I ended up in a civilian hospital in November.  What started out as a respiratory virus (both DH and DD had it but recovered in a week) turned into a lung infection. I now have adult-onset asthma because it went undiagnosed for so long.  

I'm really not trying to be an alarmist.  I agree with blueshirt to keep an eye on your LO.  I'd also make your DH go back if he's not feeling better. Today's allergy meds are really effective and work quickly, so if he's not seeing any degree of relief from them it's probably a virus. 

• LOL, freakin husbands!

I have to admit when I read the title I prepared myself for some silly little beebee "i hate the military" vent.

Good one though! I would be a grumpy mamma too! Good luck. I hope your little guy feels better soon.

• No, I'm good with the Military lol My dad was in the Navy for 9 years and me and hubs have been together for 5 years with him enlisted.

I have been watching Nolan though.  I got sick when Nolan was about 3 months and Nolan ended up on an inhaler for a few months because I got him sick.  He seems to be fine so far just a little snotty and sneezy.  Hopefully it goes away :) 

Thank yall for all the responses (sorry it took so long for me to get back my computer is a piece) 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"