Babies: 0 - 3 Months

C-section incision leaking fluid

My c-section was last Wednesday (26th). It started leaking slowly on one side a couple days ago & last night it was dripping like a faucet & soaked through my jeans in less than a minute. I called dr already. They told me to keep something absorbent over it & its not unusual for fluid to build up behind the incision. I also had pre-e so fluid build up isn't anything new here. Its still leaking this morning but not nearly as much. Anyone else dealt with this & how long did it last?

Re: C-section incision leaking fluid

• I did and it freaked me out the day that I stood up and my entire pants were soaked!  It happened on and off for about two weeks.  I went to the store and bought sterile 4x4 pads and medical tape and covered it, which stopped my pants from getting wet.  Hope this helps!
  • Yep, it started with a heavy flow and then a slow drip. I just kept a gauze pad over the part of the incision that was leaking. Just last week it stopped leaking and the small hole in the incision is finally closing.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine has been leaking since I had the surgery. They told me to put a pad over it until I got my staples removed. When I got my staples removed they put a clear plastic thing over it which is keeping the liquid from leaking out but I get to take it off tomorrow hopefully.

DD#1 is 3! And LO#2 is on his/her way! Due Feb 26th, 2014.

BFP#1: EDD 5/7/2010 born on 5/20/2010. A little girl named Emily.  

BFP#2: m/c 10/29/2012 EDD was 6/21/2012 Baby Hope was 6 weeks 3 days. 

BFP#3: Twin B stopped growing at 8 weeks and 5 days. Found on 8/10/2014. EDD was 2/26/2014. Twin A is still doing great and due date is 2/26/14. 

• Me! Mine leaked like a fountain for a week or so. Super gross. I got surgical pads (like giant stick resistant gauze pads) to put over it. It stopped after a week or so.
  • You need to check your incision carefully.  See where the fluid is coming from.  Make sure that the incision is actually closed and not opening anywhere.  This happened with my first baby.  A few days after i got home i started leaking.  then i noticed the incision was actually open in the center.  this followed with a fever and chills.  I went back into the doctor where they had to open it a bit and i had to pack the wound for 8 weeks post partum.  You do not want to do this, trust me.  My advice is to take it easy and keep a close eye on it.  Put a cotton pad across the incision.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"