3rd Trimester
Options

Eating more junk?

13»

Re: Eating more junk?

• Options

So it looks like your NORMAL YAY!!!!!! LOL. Well I tell ya what...I've been craving Subway, Papa Johns cheese pizza Pizza and veggies. If you put a piece of pork, hard boiled eggs, or fruit in my face I'll probably puke on you.  Ick! LOL

P.S Graham crackers and nutella baby its the BEST! Like 3x a day save me from nausea BEST! Zip it!

Have a happy day! BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image image image
  • Options
    One of my first clues that I was preggo was that all I wanted was ice cream! And i'm lactose-intolerant, so that was pretty weird.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am sooo glad I am not the only one! I am craving fast food french fries, gummy bears, chips...JUNK. This is coming from someone who never eats fast food, exercises daily and forbids processed foods in her home. Oh well! I will embrace these changes and enjoy it; while still supplement it with my daily juicing routine. All in moderation, right?
  • Options

Twix is my thing right now too. I have some in the freezer.

• Options

imagePrairiebabymama:
    Are you ladies noticing a trend here? All my baby wants is chocolate and ice cream, does that mean there is a girl in there? Look at the older posts... all of the girls came from moms with a sweet tooth and the few boys came from moms wanting burgers and chips hahaha! Perhaps the old wives' tale is true and sugar and spice and everything nice, that's what's girls are made of. I have to wait three more months to find out if my theory is true!

I personally have been craving both sweets and salty stuff (give me a juicy cheeseburger like now with a cupcake on the side). I know it is still pretty early but I wonder what that means...guess it won't really help me predict the gender based on that theory   

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's so nice to know that I'm not the only one craving (and giving into) junk and fast food!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    OMG! I am currently having the same problem. All I want is junk. Have any suggestions on how to detur from eating crap food?
  • Options
    All I want are cheesy yummy carbs!  Mac and cheese (the real stuff), cheesy potatos, Taco Bell, Chipotle, bagels and the list goes on and on.  I was health-concious pre-preggo and I am still trying to be but healthy food is just not appealing to me right now!!  I try to drink lots of water and have a fruit and veggie every day but sometimes its difficult just to get it down!!  I am trusting my body to tell me what it needs though!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The first couple of weeks, all I wanted were fruits and veggies. Now I can't stop thinking about greasy cheeseburgers!
    Wifey1220
  • Options
    I was patting myself on the back today because I had an apple for a snack. No carmel dip or cinnamon sprinkled on it. Then, I had a big plate of nachos........Embarrassed I've got a long way to go - no wonder I gained so much with DD!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I was patting myself on the back today because I had an apple for a snack. No carmel dip or cinnamon sprinkled on it. Then, I had a big plate of nachos........Embarrassed I've got a long way to go - no wonder I gained so much with DD!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    I am with you 100%...all I want is Skyline chili and fried chicken. Before I became pregnant I ate fast food maybe every 6 months. What is wrong with me?
  • Options
    I haven't had too many cravings but my problem is....most healthy food is starting to make me feel nauseas! I use to LOVE vegetables and eat them during every meal. Now I want to get sick just thinking about them! It seems as if carbs are the only thing that sounds appealing! :/
  • Options

Yes! I've noticed the same thing! During the beginning of my first trimester I craved fruit like crazy but as I started feeling better from the nausea, I started craving more junk food, burgers, french fries, ice cream, pastries! 

I'm glad that I haven't given in so much yet, I try to keep it to a minimum. I'm only 15 weeks pregnant now though, I still have a long way to go. I'm kinda scared to find out what my appetite will be like throughout the rest of the pregnancy!! 

• Options
    Yes!  ugh, I was never a sweets girl....always made the treats, but never ate them.  my hubby has the sweet tooth....I got pregnant, all I wanted was crap!  Chips, brownies, candy, chocolate, cake, ICING!  Ahhh!  Now my baby girl is two months old, and I still want crap!  I thought this would go away after she was born....why can't I get rid of this sweet tooth?!?
  • Options

Avoiding Junk food is always beneficial to health as it lead to more & more fat..Intake of junk food may causes many health problem including heart problem,skin problem etc...

Regards,

Sophia Smith

Raymeds.com

• Options

yes, my 1st and 2nd tri I ate pretty healthy, beside the occassional pepsi or ice cream Wink

my 3rd tri however, holy cow!! I feel like a gross pig with all I eat, and my acne is flaring up due to all the junk I want! I happen to think it is because my baby needed to gain weight faster since it was on the smaller side of the scale the 1st & 2nd.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagemrsjech:
    This! I craaave sweets like crazy! I NEVER eat candy bars or ever buy them. Now every time I am at the store I feel the need to purchase a twix bar! agh!

I had my Twix phase a few weeks ago.  My boss had an assorted bag of mini candy in the freezer and I ate every mini Twix in there.  I also had to fight the urge to buy one every time I was in a check out lane.  Luckily that eventually went away, but it still does sound good now and then.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I can't stop eating ANYTHING now that morning sickness is eased up.
  • Options
    I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!!!! Before I was pregnant I ate tons of fruits and veggies, loved them! Now even the thought of a carrot or stir fried peppers and onions makes me sick. I also never ate fast food, but lately all I crave is french fries, burgers, and doughnuts. It's so weird, but those are the only foods I seem to be able to stomach,
    Courtney Lynn
  • Options
    This is exactly what happened to me in my first trimester. Heck, I'm 34 weeks now and my tastes change daily. I am still not eating vegetables really at all (have no desire to) but I try to eat fruit and protein. I also crave starbursts and gushers!! so strange.  
  • Options

Oh yes, fast food constantly sounds delicious!  I'm not hungry for much these days, but when I am, it's never healthy stuff.  The thought a salad nearly sends me running for the garbage can! 

Fast food, fried foods, carbs and ice cream are what 'sounds good' right now.  I'm trying to keep things in check, though. I don't want to gain 20 pounds in the first trimester.

I sure hope this passes!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Weirdly enough, I've been craving Diet Coke. I hate Diet Coke. And Coke. Actually, I can't stand a coke of any kind--too sweet and syrupy!! But for some reason...lol And those nasty puffy cake-like cookies with the lardy icing and sprinkles from WalMart--I think those are disgusting, but I eyeballed a container of those long and hard the other night. Mostly though, I like the same foods for the most part...the weirdest part of it all is one day, I LOVE, even CRAVE a certain food, and it'll look/smell/taste so divine...and then tomorrow, I'll hate it, it stinks, tastes bad, and looks terrible...and then the next day, I'll like it, but not love it, won't really care about it either way. Anyone else experience this??

• Options
    Im also loving chocolate and pepsi, crazy huh? So I agree with another post saying that everything that is planned for dinner is yuck yuck. For the past week I wait till im hungry and then I go to the grocery store and buy it! Today we had clam chowder and oyster crackers. Yesterday I made enchaladas,  I just go with the flow, Ive been craving such weird stuff, sometimes I cook for the family then make myself my craving later at night..... the eating has taken control ,,,, but ive only gained 2 lbs since b4 I was pregnant, im eating much smaller portions.
  • Options
    O yeah, this is a hot topic...FOOD! Yay!  I'm 36 weeks and I really have been trying to balance my choices, like when I have junk food, then later I will eat healthy. But these last few weeks, I really been craving salty foods, like Lays potato chips and ice cream.
  • Options
    Haha, I thought this only happened to me!  I am a super healthy eater and avoided junk food and fast food like the plague before I got pregnant.  In an ironic twist, all I want is junk and fast food now!  If I don't get Taco Bell once a week, I feel like I would die!  I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one suffering through this; I feel horrible sometimes about my new eating habits and just try to restrain myself and force healthy foods down!
  • Options
    yup, I was the same way!  I went on a Dorito and jelly bean bender...then a Twix kick..and now I love chips.  I haven't gained a lot of weight...but I don't like the trend.  We used to never have candy or chips in the house, and now they're a staple. :/  I was told you crave things your body is lacking...like if you crave eggs you may need protein, so maybe my body was lacking sugar? Not serious about that, but i never craved anything with nutritional value.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • Options

imageThe Future Mrs. Rhodus:
    I'm right there with you. All I crave are Five Guys Burger & Fries double bacon cheeseburger :) Yummm

Uh huh!  It's beef for me all day, every day, no problem!  And while the thought of a nice homemade meatloaf or burger sounds great, the idea of that instant gratification you get from fast food is just too tempting.  I can't stop myself. It's awful! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Oh my, yes. I've been on a fast-food ban for over 5 years and suddenly I can't eat anything else. I went into this pregnancy trying to eat an organic, well balanced diet and couldn't keep it down. Taco Bell's basic crunchy taco, however, stays without a problem. I'm half grossed out while eating but at least I've stopped plummeting in weight! 

I can't even face vegetables.  

• Options
    Absolutely! Spaghettio's and ripple chips with french onions dip have been staples in my house lately. And before I was pregnant I never even bought them. Good thing the hubby doesn't like either because he might have to fight me for them!
  • Options

imageJeane_P:
    Yeah I find myself dining more on ice cream and chips then anything else.  I blame it on the weather.  I just don't want to cook when it's so nice outside right now.

Kayla is so cute!

• Options
    I go a day of cheese and bland pastas or junk and the next day all I will crave is spinach, salad, vinegar, spicy foods. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yup goldfish crackers, animal crackers, Pizza hut breadsticks, ice cream, juice - seems like I am right on with what everyone else is doing.  I also am a very healthy eater and fanatic about my weight.  Most of these items I had no interest in pre-pregnancy.  I continue to exercise and have gained 1 pound - so i allow myself these items but try to draw the line somewhere with the quantity!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"