Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Newbie Playdate (newbs and lurks welcome)

2»

Re: Newbie Playdate (newbs and lurks welcome)

• Options
    rrcraz7rrcraz7 member
    imageRileyGrace:

imageDuck30:
    Has anyone had a HSG?  Does it hurt?  I have decided to have this done vs. starting Clomid, my husband is also going in for a SA test. 

It hurts a bit.  It's like bad AF cramps, but it's over really fast.  Take 4 advil about an hour before.

They insert a speculum, you know what that feels like.  They wash your cervix, I can't feel this.  They insert a catheter, I felt a pinch when they did that.  Then they fill a balloon to keep the cath in place, I got cramps when they did that, then they shoot the dye and take the pictures.  It's over really fast, less then a minute.

I had some cramping afterwards, but nothing more then AF.  I drove myself and was totally fine.  Take your own pad with you, the ones they have are GIANT!  You'll have some leakage and possibly spotting afterwards, but nothing too bad. 

And it's great to get it over with.  Good luck!

I will be getting one shortly and asked this question earlier this week.

Almost all the responses said this exact same thing. Compared it to a pap, all said they were able to return to work.

Good luck with yours!!

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    rrcraz7rrcraz7 member
    imageMuseumMaven:

Hiya and Happy Friday!

One question - I've notived square temps on some people's charts - what's up with those?  I've never seen them on my chart.

Square temps are when you enter a note or mark something in the special data section.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hello and good almost-afternoon!

Thank you for posting this :) I'm still pretty new, I tend to lurk more than post, but I have been trying to more lately. We have only been TTC for a couple of months, and I did sign up on FF, although admittedly, I am horrible at remembering to temp(although if I end up moving on to another cycle I have VOWED to temp!). So I have just been tracking CM and I tried the OPK's this month too. My average cycle is only 22 days (that's the average for the last 3 months anyway), and I have had EWCM for about 4 or 5 days, but only finally got a + OPK yesterday(on CD 18). We have been BDing at least every other day ever since AF, so I doubt I missed any surges, but I'm wondering if it's still possible to get a BFP when you O this late? I'm sorry if it's a silly question, since I'm sure I've come across other asking this question during my lurking, but I guess it's different when you ask the question yourself and get direct answers :p

• Options
    imagecoolestgirlever:

Thank you for posting this :) I'm still pretty new, I tend to lurk more than post, but I have been trying to more lately. We have only been TTC for a couple of months, and I did sign up on FF, although admittedly, I am horrible at remembering to temp(although if I end up moving on to another cycle I have VOWED to temp!). So I have just been tracking CM and I tried the OPK's this month too. My average cycle is only 22 days (that's the average for the last 3 months anyway), and I have had EWCM for about 4 or 5 days, but only finally got a + OPK yesterday(on CD 18). We have been BDing at least every other day ever since AF, so I doubt I missed any surges, but I'm wondering if it's still possible to get a BFP when you O this late? I'm sorry if it's a silly question, since I'm sure I've come across other asking this question during my lurking, but I guess it's different when you ask the question yourself and get direct answers :p

If you O'd this late then your cycle should go about 10-14 days after the O date. Your LP (time after O to AF) stays pretty stable, and most are 10-14 days. So yes you can still get pg if you O at any time in your cycle, but I would expect a longer cycle than usu for you this time if you really O'd that late. Does that make any sense? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecoolestgirlever:

CD18 is considered an early O if anything.  CD60 is considered a late O.  You're totally fine.

Try to be better about temping, it'll help confirm O for you.  And if you post your chart, it's easier for us to answer questions.

Read the Newbie post in my siggy.

Good luck!

FYI - you don't have to worry about sex right after AF, just have sex whenever you want.  The rule of thumb is sex either everyday or everyother day when you have EWCM and/or a + opk.  Too much sex will wear you out!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options
    imageRileyGrace:

imageDuck30:
    Has anyone had a HSG?  Does it hurt?  I have decided to have this done vs. starting Clomid, my husband is also going in for a SA test. 

It hurts a bit.  It's like bad AF cramps, but it's over really fast.  Take 4 advil about an hour before.

They insert a speculum, you know what that feels like.  They wash your cervix, I can't feel this.  They insert a catheter, I felt a pinch when they did that.  Then they fill a balloon to keep the cath in place, I got cramps when they did that, then they shoot the dye and take the pictures.  It's over really fast, less then a minute.

I had some cramping afterwards, but nothing more then AF.  I drove myself and was totally fine.  Take your own pad with you, the ones they have are GIANT!  You'll have some leakage and possibly spotting afterwards, but nothing too bad. 

And it's great to get it over with.  Good luck!

Thanks for the info!  I read it was pretty minor.  Now the next hurdle is to find out if insurance will cover it.
  • Options

Yes, that does make sense :) Thank you tricia & Riley :)

Also, I just meant "late" only b/c my cycles have been so short, so I wasn't sure about O'ing on CD 18 of 22 :/ I just thought it was weird, but I guess not :) So.. I'll just keep my fingers crossed! And if nothing happens and AF comes, I will definitely try to be better about temping for the next cycle. I actually did ok for like 3 days, and then it was all downhill from there, so I was like "screw it" lol! Also, I don't think my SO is quite used to that idea yet...when I did temp those couple days, he's like "why are you doing that? let's just see what happens for a couple months first". But we are both obviously very new to this and I think we are both just still trying to get the hang of it. As for the BD'ing, we just like sex lol :p But you're right, it does get tiring! Thanks again, you guys were very helpful :)

• Options
    imagecoolestgirlever:

Yes, that does make sense :) Thank you tricia & Riley :)

Also, I just meant "late" only b/c my cycles have been so short, so I wasn't sure about O'ing on CD 18 of 22 :/ I just thought it was weird, but I guess not :) So.. I'll just keep my fingers crossed! And if nothing happens and AF comes, I will definitely try to be better about temping for the next cycle. I actually did ok for like 3 days, and then it was all downhill from there, so I was like "screw it" lol! Also, I don't think my SO is quite used to that idea yet...when I did temp those couple days, he's like "why are you doing that? let's just see what happens for a couple months first". But we are both obviously very new to this and I think we are both just still trying to get the hang of it. As for the BD'ing, we just like sex lol :p But you're right, it does get tiring! Thanks again, you guys were very helpful :)

Yeah, like Tricia explained, you won't have a 22 day cycle this time.  Your cycle length is determined by O date + LP (10-14 days).  So if you ovulated on CD18, you should have at least a 28 day cycle this time.  That's why charting is so helpful.  You won't spend 6 days wondering why you're "late" when it's really just that you ovulated later then you did previously.

Good luck

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options

imageRileyGrace:
    Too much sex will wear you out!

Do NOT tell my DH this. I like sex. Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hi Ladies, no question (I posted my silly newb question yesterday) just wanted to say hi! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and maybe a long weekend will result in lots of BFP's :)
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ETweetETweet member

So I probably missed out on my opportunity for a question, but if you're still checking this here it is:

I just finished my first cycle of charting (cycle #3 since off of BCP). From a newbie point of view I only see a gradual temperature shift, nothing dramatic. Even FF was questioning it and I got AF on CD6. Boo! My temps could barely stay above the coverline. From your expertise, do you think I even O'd? I know it will take some time for my body to readjust since being off of BCP....

Here's my crappy first chart. https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e449b

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Where can I find a list of abbreviations used here? I know the obvious AF, O, DH, etc. Some of the others I'm just not getting, even in sentence context! :(

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"