Stay at Home Moms
Options

Where to put wet dirty laundry?

What do you do with wet, dirty laundry until it's time to wash it?  I don't know what to do with wet bibs, wet kitchen towels, etc until laundry time.  Right now I pile them on the kitchen counter, which I hate.  I was thinking a small plastic laundry basket?  What do you do?   Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where to put wet dirty laundry?

• Options
    I put it either on top of the washer or in front of it depending on how wet it is.
  • Options

I have a small hanging tote bag that I use for DS's bibs, face wipes, etc. I toss the whole bag in when I do the laundry. It's just a cheap tote that I got in the $1 bin at Target, but it's really cute and serves its purpose well.

Anything larger like towels goes into the laundry basket I keep in the laundry room, which is right off the kitchen.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I put it straight in the washing machine.
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • Options
    Well, this is not exactly classy, but I throw dirty kitchen towels and bibs down the basement stairs.  I pick them up and put them with the laundry the next time I go to the basement.  If something is really wet, I'll hang it up on the shower rod until it's dry, then toss it in the laundry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagebim38106:
    I put it straight in the washing machine.

Ditto

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

There is currently a pile of kitchen towels sitting at the top of the basement stairs.  Embarrassed

DD's bibs get hung over the edge of the sink and lately I've been taking them with me at the end of the day and throwing them in my hamper (we have a single story house and our bedroom is off the kitchen).

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    during the day I throw wet dirty laundry in the bathtub then at night I'll bring them the basement and leave them in a basket in front of the washer so I run them first
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I throw wet, dirty towels in the slop sink in the laundry room
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Options
    I have a basket near the kitchen to catch all the wet washcloths after meals to wet hand towels.
  • Options
    I keep a small round plastic laundry basket on the dryer for this purpose.  I put the dog towels and other super soiled items in here and them wash them separately as needed.  Then they do not soil other items in the hamper and/or get them wet and yucky.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Since I stopped using paper towels and went to bar-mops, I started using two small trash cans in the laundry area.  One for white rags and one for colored dish towels.  

When it's time for a white load, I just empty the can into the washer.  Same with the darks.

I think, though, after reading some of these responses, that I'll pick up a canvas bag to hold them so I can chuck it into the washer along with the towels.  

The trash cans can tend to get a tiny amount of mold and it's a PITA to wash them out in the bath tub.  Canvas tote, it is. 

• Options
    I drape them on the edge of the hamper till they're mostly dry.
  • Options
    I hang them in the shower (either on the edge of the tub or the rod) until they're mostly dry & then throw them in the laundry hamper. 
  • Options

imagesafy:
    I drape them on the edge of the hamper till they're mostly dry.

Ditto.

• Options

Summer, 4 kids, slip and slide, I do the wet laundry load as it happens.  They are to come in and put all wet things into the washer. 

Yes, to the chagrin of many, I wash wet clothes with wet towels.  Otherwise I would have a smelly mess.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"