2nd Trimester
Options

When did you lose your symptoms?

Question for you second-tri ladies. When did you lose your symptoms? I have had extremely sore breasts and nausea... but they stopped around 8 weeks. Now I feel pretty much normal other than my breasts and nipples are a bit larger. Last year I had a missed m/c so I didn't have any signs of a m/c (no bleeding, cramping). I had also lost all of my symptoms. We did see the h/b at 6w and 8w but when the doctor tried to hear it on the doppler at 10w he couldn't. Would you be worried? Has anyone else lost all of their symptoms?

Re: When did you lose your symptoms?

• Options

By 10 weeks I felt pretty normal and by 14 weeks I felt awesome.

10 weeks is still early to hear the HB with the doppler - I was 12 weeks when I first heard it on the doppler.  I know it's hard not to worry, but things sound normal!

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Options
    Just remember that every pregnancy and woman is/are different. Mine disappeared at 7 1/2 and came back at 9. Then went away again at 13 and came back wed (at 15 w)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! If it weren't for my prior m/c I wouldn't be (as) worried. They are having me come back in next week (I will be 11w2d) and they are going to try to hear it again. If they can't, they will schedule an u/s.... so now I just have to wait!
  • Options

My first trimester was the same as yours. My first two appointments they couldn't find the heartbeat because 1) he was swimming around so much, haha. and 2) weeks later I found out I had an anterior placenta.

So I wouldn't worry too much about it. :) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Try not to worry too much.  Every pregnancy is different, try to enjoy yours!  Good Luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My story sounds the same as yours. I m/c back in Jan at what should have been 10 weeks. I had a blighted ovum and no symptoms. So with this pregnancy too have been worried ( how can you not be?) and around 9 weeks my symptoms went mostly away. I let it go about a week and then I forced my way into the doctor to be safe and check. I explained to them my concerns and about the prior m/c. I went in that day and we heard the heartbeat!!!! I use to worry that the doctor was going to be annoyed if I ran in there everytime something was bothering me, but I've decided I need to be my own advocate. They completely understood my concerns. 

I think you are probably fine as many symptoms start leveling out around now. Good luck!  

• Options

I didn't hear the heartbeat until 14 weeks, as the doctor said 'the kids flippin' out!' so he had to chase the baby around just to hear it.

As for symptoms, every pregnancy is different. Symptoms are usually based on how your body is dealing with all these hormones. Little or no symptoms means your body is taking it well, and as alpha mom says 'you're a pregnancy viking'

I swear if it wasn't for my missed period and the fact I was trying to get pregnant, I would be one of those 'I didn't know I was pregnant' people because I never really got any symptoms.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Its difficult not to worry after a m/c.  Our first pregnancy ended in a m/c at 7 weeks and every u/s and doppler are still scary for me.  However, if you had a good u/s at 6 weeks with a good hb and growth, then I beleive your risk of m/c drops to less than 10% at that point.  My ob couldn't get the hb at my doppler appt at 11weeks, but took me down to a u/s immediately.  I can't believe your ob didn't offer you this, and just let you worry!  When is your next appt?  I am sure everything is fine.  Try not to worry, hun.
  • Options

imageMags683:
    Thanks! If it weren't for my prior m/c I wouldn't be (as) worried. They are having me come back in next week (I will be 11w2d) and they are going to try to hear it again. If they can't, they will schedule an u/s.... so now I just have to wait!

Glad you only have to wait a week.  10 weeks is about as early as you can get to hear the hb and most of the time only really thin girls can get a successful doppler at this point.  I forgot to mention that I've had hardly any symptoms this entire pregnancy, but they really dropped off after about 10 weeks.  Try to relax!

• Options
    Goodgollie - thank you so much for the support! I strongly hinted at an u/s as well since they just made me worry and wait for a week. I have a co-worker who goes to the same practice. She had her first doppler at 11w and the doctor couldn't find the HB, so she was immediately taken in for an u/s. Frustrating that one week less the protocol was different for me, since I assume that is what is going to happen next week. 
  • Options

Trick question

I had horrible horrible ms that suddenly stopped when i hit week 17, still holding my breath!

With that came NEW symptoms however... so i never think they go away, just something else comes up. Now i get horrible stretching pains and pressure on my bladder that makes me pee 20 times a night, back pain and insomnia.

• Options
    imageOurJellybean:

Trick question

I had horrible horrible ms that suddenly stopped when i hit week 17, still holding my breath!

With that came NEW symptoms however... so i never think they go away, just something else comes up. Now i get horrible stretching pains and pressure on my bladder that makes me pee 20 times a night, back pain and insomnia.

i spoke too soon... its returned

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"