High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

GD mamas...... recipe needed

So I am having a dinner party on Friday and not only do I have GD, but one of my guests is a type 2 diabetic. Dinner is covered, but I would like to make a diabetic friendly dessert. Any good recipe suggestions???? TIA!
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: GD mamas...... recipe needed

• Options

It's not exactly seasonal but I made this pumpkin diabetic pie and it was soooo yummy. 

https://www.cyber-kitchen.com/recipes/Pumpkin_Pie_For_Diabetics.htm

• Options

My favorite that I've been doing is fresh strawberries (in season!), home made whipped cream (no sugar added), and then you can also serve brownies or angel food cake on the side for those non-diabetic folks.  

Or if you are happy with just the berries and cream, you can serve sugar on the side to sweeten the berries. 

OR you can also use Giada's recipe (from food network) to use balsamic vinegar on the berries, which draws out their natural sweetness.  You spoon the berries out (don't use the actual vinegar in serving), and it is SO sweet you would think you put sugar in, but it is just a flavor trick and so yummy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    being type 2 diabetic. I would suggest fruit or something, or just leave it alone, make whatever andthe type 2 will count carbs and know what they can and can to do and eat. I can eat the no sugar added ice cream. Just  another idea  and strawberries are super duper low in carbs and i can eat them easy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Lemonade Pie

Ingredients

2 8oz Lite Cool Whip
    1 Crystal Light Lemonade packet
    1 box of instant sugar free vanilla pudding
    1 Graham cracker pie crust

Preparations

Mix pudding according to package directions. Add the Crystal Light Lemonade and 1 8oz Cool Whip, fold all ingredients together until well mixed. Pour into pie crust and top with the other 8oz. Cool Whip. Put in refrigerator for at least 2 hours, but it's best if overnight.

I made this for a diner party because I always have been missing out on dessert when we have dinners and no one had a clue that it was diabetic friendly and I got asked for the recipe by almost everyone.  It is light and refreshing and definitly tastes like you are cheating.  =)

• Options
    KarlingG- is the lemonade packet the kind you put in an individual bottle of water or a little tub you put in a pitcher??
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
      Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read-in-2012 shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"