Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

beaba baby food maker

Anyone try this?  I think my cousin was raving about this one and it seems expensive.  however, if it's as convenient as it seems, I'd be interested in trying it.
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: beaba baby food maker

• Options
    It looks pretty spiffy, but I personally couldn't spend that much money on it. My brother bought me a Ninja for Christmas and I really like it so far, he got it at Walmart for around $50.
  • Options
    I bought a steamer basket at Target for $5.95 and a combo food processor/blender for $40.  I figured I woukd get more long-term use from them and can make myself smoothies!
    I don't know what's up with my siggy and I am too lazy to figure it out.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've kind of changed my point of view on this several times.  At first I thought it was just a dumb waste of money - why not just steam and then use the blender, right?  But then I am either cleaning up a buttload of dishes all the time, or making large batches of foods that my DS might decide he doesn't like a week later (happened to me SIL after making a huge batch of organic carrots).  

So then I thought maybe it would be a good idea afterall.

Then I read a lot of reviews saying that there is a build up of crap in the water reservoir,  despite using distilled water.

So now I think I am going to buy a small food processor and only make a few servings at a time at most.

• Options
    I *think* T has it - I know she has one, I just can't remember which one. 
    {Ava 5.16.06} {Ella 12.29.07} {Drew 2.9.10}
  • Options
    I use a microwave steamer and a mini-food processor that I already had.  I made the equivalent of 12 jars of food this weekend.  I, too, was enamored with the Beaba, but figured out how to do the same thing for less money.  What's the sense of saving so much money on jar food when you have to shell out $150 for the machine to do it! 
  • Options
    I love my beaba, I'm addicted to making baby food because of it. I haven't had problems with build up yet, but I do run viniger through it once in a while.
  • Options

i have it. its pretty awesome so far!

to clean up the resevoir, you're suppose to use distilled white vinegar not water

• Options
    I just started using the Beaba and absolutely love it.  The only thing I would change is the amount of food that you can make in it....would like it bigger so I can make mass quantities at once.  Other than that it really is awesome and easy, easy to clean up.  I do think that even after I am done making baby food that I will use it as a steamer to make carrots and other veggies.   
  • Options
    imageblublusher:

to clean up the resevoir, you're suppose to use distilled white vinegar not water

You are supposed to use distilled water for the steaming part.  I didn't mean that you are supposed to clean it with distilled water.  Distilled water does not have the minerals in tap water, so that is why you use it - to avoid mineral build up.

However, I have read a lot of complaints about build up of something - some people claim mold - despite using distilled water for steaming and cleaning with vinegar. 

• Options
    imageHulahoop1234:
    imageblublusher:

You are supposed to use distilled water for the steaming part.  I didn't mean that you are supposed to clean it with distilled water.  Distilled water does not have the minerals in tap water, so that is why you use it - to avoid mineral build up.

However, I have read a lot of complaints about build up of something - some people claim mold - despite using distilled water for steaming and cleaning with vinegar. 

oh i got it! my bad!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"