TTC After a Loss
Options

Implantation Spotting at 9dpo?

So I am 9dpo today and had a dip in my temp this morning. I just went to the restroom at work and noticed some spotting. I am not due for AF until approx next Monday. For what it's worth, I had implantation bleeding with my first BFP.

Not going to lie I am kind of freaking out (!). I am trying not to get my hopes up... but... eek!

Also - if this IS implantation bleeding (and for those who've had it with their BFP's in the past), how early can a pregnancy be detected using an hpt? Should I wait a few days to test?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Implantation Spotting at 9dpo?

• Options

I'm a pee pusher so I say test tomorrow...Smile

PRINCESS31stbirthday
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I hope you are pregnant.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I found this info online.. it all adds up.. 9dpo, temp dip.. and the fact I've been having mild cramping etc etc Plus I've had implanation bleeding before... I am REALLY trying to settle myself down because Ill be even more upset if I get a - test but eek!

What is Implantation?

When the egg is released from the ovary, it travels down the fallopian tube toward the uterus. If the egg meets up with a viable sperm during the trip and the egg is fertilized, it will attempt to implant in the lining of the uterus. Implantation happens on average about 9 days after ovulation/fertilization and is required for the fetus to continue to grow. If implantation is not successful, the egg will flush out of the body with the normal menstrual flow.

The lining of the uterus is rich in blood and nutrients. When the fertilized egg enters the uterus, the egg "sticks" the this lining, referred to as the endometrial lining. The endometrial lining is the same lining that sheds every month during the menstrual cycle if a fertilized egg does not implant. Implantation occurs between 6 to 12 days after the egg is fertilized.

Due to the blood rich nature of the endometrial lining, a few drops of blood could move through the cervix and down the vagina. This blood is referred to as implantation bleeding and is a common sign of pregnancy. The blood will not appear red, but rather a darker brown or black due to the time it takes to move from the uterus out of the body.

Implantation is the attachement of the fertilzed egg (called a blastocyst, a cluster of tiny cells, smaller than the head of a pin) when it has completed its travel through the fallopian tube and attaches to the lining of the uterus.

Implantation bleeding and spotting is vaginal discharge that usually contains small amount of pinkish or brownish blood. Only about a third of all pregnant women experience this implantation bleeding. Some women report some bleeding or spotting around the time of implantation, the so called "implantation bleeding".

Implantation bleeding is often brown in color though some mention it to be more reddish.

Implantation bleeding, also called implantation spotting, does not look like a regular menstrual period. Implantation bleeding is scanty and usually pink or brownish discharge.

Implantation Signs and Symptoms

Signs of implantation or possible pregnancy include:

1. Implantation cramps: small cramps inside the uterus
    2. Implantation spotting or bleeding: Short brief spotting (a couple of drops of light or dark blood)
    3. A second temperature shift on the temperature curve 
    4. temperature dip at about seven to ten days after ovulation

Most women have no subjective symptoms at the time of implantation, no bleeding or cramps, but some women report some drops of blood, the so-called implantation bleeding while others report small cramps.

These symptoms can happen with or without conception and implantation and of these symptoms and these chart patterns frequently occur on charts that do not result in pregnancy.

When does implantation bleeding happen?

Implantation and implantation bleeding occur on average about 9 days after ovulation (range between 6-12 days), which is about a week to a few days before your period would normally start. Spotting that occurs around a week after ovulation can be implantation bleeding; whereas spotting that occurs much later and a couple days before your period would normally start may not be. A normal menstrual cycle generally starts off light and then gets heavier. Spotting can sometimes be the sign of an early period. If this is the case, the spotting will pick up to heavier bleeding. If you have spotting right around the time your period would normally start, it can be more confusing. You will need to take the wait and see approach or take a pregnancy test to determine pregnancy.

Why do I feel my period is about to come?

If you have had spotting and think it might be implantation bleeding you may be paying very close attention to your body. Unfortunately, a pregnancy test will rarely if ever be positive at the time of implantation bleeding. If you are trying to get pregnant, the good news is that early pregnancy symptoms feel very similar to the start of your period. If you are pregnant you may begin to notice symptoms of early pregnancy right around the time your period would normally start and sometimes sooner than that. If you suspect pregnancy you can test for pregnancy as early as ten days after ovulation.

How common is implantation bleeding?

Implantation bleeding is fairly common with pregnancy and maybe around twenty to thirty percent of women will have spotting at implantation and during early pregnancy. If you have some light spotting before your period would normally start this is not something to worry about and may be a sign of pregnancy.

Implantation happens about 9 days (range 6-12 days) after ovulation, and you can then have a typical BBT pregnancy chart. Most women report at most a few drops of blood -- maybe one to two small red or brown spots in the panties, Bleeding similar to a menstrual period is unlikely implantation bleeding.

• Options
    imagerock-elle:
    I hope you are pregnant.
    Me too. A lot.
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagekathymarie:
    imagerock-elle:
    I hope you are pregnant.
    Me too. A lot.

Me 3.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options

Hmm

Seriously, stop over anazaling it or it's going to drive you nuts ( because half the board is already there)

• Options
    I hope so! Sounds like it, but if it is you'll need to wait a few more days to test, right?
  • Options
    ^ Sorry :/  Just shocked and a little (foolishly?) excited. We'll see what happens...
  • Options
    imageCashewsMommy:

imagekathymarie:
    imagerock-elle:
    I hope you are pregnant.
    Me too. A lot.

Me 3.

Thanks ladies! We'll see what happens over the next few days :)

• Options

imageitsmegin:
    I hope so! Sounds like it, but if it is you'll need to wait a few more days to test, right?

I think so yeah. I was googling and seeing what I could find. I don't think I should test until 13dpo or so (which is Saturday). I'll see what my temps do and what other research I can find online.

BTW I noticed your temp went right back up this morning! I hope you get your BFP!!

• Options
    imageRyan&Kristin062009:

imageitsmegin:

I think so yeah. I was googling and seeing what I could find. I don't think I should test until 13dpo or so (which is Saturday). I'll see what my temps do and what other research I can find online.

BTW I noticed your temp went right back up this morning! I hope you get your BFP!!

Me too! I hope we both do. I want everyone to just leave this board and go to July or August moms ASAP.

I know it's so early but the BFNs are getting me down. I keep telling myself this is why I shouldn't be testing so early, but I can't help it! Now that I started I'm not going to stop until a + or AF shows. 

• Options
    imageitsmegin:
    imageRyan&Kristin062009:

imageitsmegin:

Me too! I hope we both do. I want everyone to just leave this board and go to July or August moms ASAP.

I know it's so early but the BFNs are getting me down. I keep telling myself this is why I shouldn't be testing so early, but I can't help it! Now that I started I'm not going to stop until a + or AF shows. 

I know... it's really sad this board even exists (but I am very thankful it does!).

I am sorry about the BFN's so far.. you are right though, it is still VERY early! Have you seen the % of getting a + if you are pregnant at certain DPO's? I am sure you have. I know at 10dpo it's only 35% and I remember 12dpo was like 63%.. so 11dpo is under 63%... I hope this is your cycle. With all that FWP it better be ;)

• Options
    Good luck!  I hope this is it for you.  Big Smile
  • Options
    Good luck! I hope you get your BFP.
    Suze
    TTC#1 since May 2009
    PCOS * Hypothyroid

Bean - BFP May 26, 2010. EDD Feb 3, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 8w5d - June 29, 2010.
    Pumpkin - BFP Feb 8, 2011. EDD Oct 21, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 6w3d - Feb 28, 2011.

Femera started November 2014. 3 rounds, no luck. Moving to IUI.
    March 2015: IUI#1 - nope.
    May 2015: IUI#2 - nada.
    October 2015: IUI#3 - BFP on Nov 2, 2015! *stick baby stick!*

• Options
    I would be jazzed after reading that too if I were you!! I agree with PP, definitely POAS tomorrow morning! Big Smile
    Baby Blog
    BFP#1 5.27.10 DS became an angel at 21 weeks on 9.22.10
    BFP#2 4.16.11 Healthy baby girl born 12.14.11
    BFP#3 9.3.12 A healthy, bouncing baby SISTER on the way! EDD 5.12.13

• Options

imagesmallfry5909:
    I would be jazzed after reading that too if I were you!! I agree with PP, definitely POAS tomorrow morning! Big Smile

I know! Sorry for getting so excited and posting so much! I definitely got a little over excited. I am hoping this is it. I read on the PgAL board (I asked them about it) and someone had implantation bleeding at 8dpo and got a + hpt at 9dpo. I just don't want to POAS tomorrow and see a negative :/ I'll see what my temp does tomorrow morning and then decide :p

• Options

imagelrachelle80:
    Good luck!!!

Thank you! and Congrats again!! :)

• Options

I wasn't charting, so I don't know what DPO I had implantation bleeding, but I did have it.  It was pink and brown and just one shot that I would have missed if I hadn't been looking for it.  For me, it was completely different than normal spotting.  However, it was also accompanied by some serious cramps so I thought AF was starting (hence the looking).  I got my BFP the next morning, though it was super faint.  I used a FRER, if that matters.

I hope you get a BFP!

BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • Options
    imageAutumnLeavesFall:

Hmm

Seriously, stop over anazaling it or it's going to drive you nuts ( because half the board is already there)

::DIES::

• Options
    I hope it is implantation bleeding! 9DPO  is the average day for it!  I got implantation bleeding starting at  8DPO and got my first BFP at 10DPO (though I didn't try testing earlier). I would test tomorrow! Loads of BFP dust to you.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • Options

For real? Who fricking knows. Maybe AF is around the corner, maybe it's implantation.

These posts are sort of pointless because none of us have ute goggles.

(And if someone DOES - you're missing out. You'd be making a fortune!)

Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • Options

I really hope that was implantation bleeding and you get your BFP this cycle!!

I had implantation bleeding when pg w/ DD, and it was a few spots of pinkish blood on my undies.  

Keep us updated....

• Options
    imageCarrieLeigh84:

For real? Who fricking knows. Maybe AF is around the corner, maybe it's implantation.

These posts are sort of pointless because none of us have ute goggles.

(And if someone DOES - you're missing out. You'd be making a fortune!)

• Options
    ((Crosses fingers and jumps up and down)) I hope this is ur BFP!! Keep me posted.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Good luck!!  I hope your BFP is just a few days away.
    bumping from my phone. please pardon any typos and missing punctuation
  • Options
    I had implantation bleeding on a Saturday and a positive test on a Thursday. Hope that helps a little. Fingers crossed for you!!
    BFP-2/4/10 EDD-9/27/10 M/C-2/11/10 7w3d D&C and Methotrexate-2/19/10
    BFP-11/21/10 M/C-11/25/10
    Clomid Cycle #1-BFN
    Clomid Cycle #2-BFP-1/18/2011 M/C-1/26/2011
    BFP-5/18/11 Riley arrived 2/3/12 8lbs6oz 21.5in
  • Options
    Good luck! Everything sounds good :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I am planning on testing tomorrow if my temp goes up.. so we'll see how it goes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"