Parenting after a Loss
Options

Sciatica & UTI?? Suggestions?

I have been having a lot of back pain since the start of the pregnancy.  My midwives have diagnosed both sciatica and a uti.  I just got back from driving 3 1/2 hrs to my friends baby shower and I cannot do anything!  My back pain is awful!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions to help the pain?  I have tried tylenol, a heating pad, stretching (that was the worst idea ever).  I'm too afraid to have DH massage.  The midwives are going to have me see a chiropractor but are waiting until after the UTI is cleared up.  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sciatica & UTI?? Suggestions?

• Options
    I'm no help but feel better!
    DD is on her way to 2! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Try lying flat on the floor. That sometimes take the stress off my back. Sorry, I hope you feel better!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrs. Diss:
    Try lying flat on the floor. That sometimes take the stress off my back. Sorry, I hope you feel better!

haha, forgot to mention, I'm lying flat on my back right now.  It feels better like that but as soon as I move it kills. 

• Options
    imageMrs. Diss:
    This. Keep your knees bent. Propped up on a yoga ball or a chair is good too. If you're more comfy laying on your side just make sure you have lots of pillows that you can put between your legs. Make sure to prop them between your lower legs and ankles too. Keeping your hips square is best. Also, no soft recliners or couches. Ut's a real PITA but sitting in a firm chair is best.
    Oct 2008 m/c #1 5 weeks, May 2009 m/c #2 4w5d. BFP 6/23/09 EDD 3/8/10!
    You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. -Eleanor Roosevelt
    After 1 year of TTC#2 BFP May 2011 m/c #3 4w2d. Off to RE.

Round 1: Femara + Ovidrel +TI = BFP! EDD 2/20/12
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    2IF does not always equal 3IF...Surprise!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I have had bad back pain this pregnancy too. Laying on my back always makes it feel better, but I am too far along to do that comfortably anymore. Ice really helps me. I know they say heat, but icing for a short amount of time has really helped.
  • Options
    Definitely a chiro, as soon as you can!  They work wonders. I don't really know much about sciatica, but if heat doesn't work, maybe try cold?  When I messed up my neck, I applied heat and later went to the chiro, who told me heat was the worst thing I could have done.  She said I should have applied something cold.
  • Options
    I'm sorry that the pain is so bad.  I had bad sciatica from 8 weeks on with my pregnancy.  It is painful but you can get it under control.  Try ice.  Don't sit in the same position too long.  Wear supportive shoes at all times even inside  For me, seeing the chiropractor regularly through my pregnancy was key and helped to alleviate the pain.  Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    imageeas15905:

imageMrs. Diss:

haha, forgot to mention, I'm lying flat on my back right now.  It feels better like that but as soon as I move it kills. 

Aw, I'm sorry. Then I'm no help. :(

• Options

I had both during my pg... SUCKS!!! The UTI they gave me a scrip for. As for the back pain, they had me get on my hands and knees, and arch my back like a mad cat, hold, then let your back and belly dip down as low as they can go and hold for a little while... rinse and repeat!

It helped for a little while. 

• Options

omgoodness... sciatic nerve pain is THE reason why I scheduled a second c/s with my second child - I literally COULD NOT live in pain anymore... it started at 20 wks and got worse and worse - the ONLY think that helped was adjustments from ym chiropractor and sitting on a tennis ball - putting direct pressure on my sciatic nerve in my right butt cheek.  I did put heat on it, and it felt SO good, until I tried to move again...  I tried cold once and that worked...

Why do you have to wait to go to your chiropractor because of a uti?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"