Military Families
Options

HFCS commercials

::cross posted from 2nd Trimester::

Have you seen the High Fructose Corn Syrup ads sponser by Corn Refiners Association?

The ads showcases someone being confronted about the bad health effects of HFCS and that person counters saying it is made from corn, has no artificials ingredients and has the same calories as sugar and is okay to eat in moderation.

---------------------

I agree with the moderation part but HFCS is in everything now. It is harder to find products that don't have it versus that do.

I think what bothers me the most about HFCS is that it can be found in products that don't really require sugar like breads/vitamins. So everyone is eating way more HFCS than they should.

It is hard to consume HFCS in moderation if they put it in every processed product. That is why I am glad some products are going back to sugar. I know I prefer having Coke with sugar instead of HFCS.

I don't believe HFCS is evil or really bad for you but I do believe sugar is more healthy because it isn't man-made. Just like how I rather have real butter than margarine.

This is my personal opinion and in no way do I judge others who think margarine/HFCS is healthier. Because in the end.. moderation is key and sugar/butter can be really unhealthy for you if you eat a ton of it.

I just wish more products wouldn't go the cheap route and put HFCS in everything..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"