Missouri Babies
Options

NKC or SLB

Dh and I are just now ttc. Unfortunately, our insurance does not cover our hospital (Liberty), so we are going to have to find a different dr and hospital. I toured St. Luke's Barry today and I am going to visit NKC on Saturday. I am not familiar with either hospital. I liked that SLB was small and personable, however, it was not as nice of a facility as Liberty Birthing Center and they will only allow one person in the room with you during delivery. Does anyone have any recommendations on which hospital might be a good choice for us?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NKC or SLB

• Options

I had both of my kids at NKCH, and both were good experiences.  I am not aware of any restrictions on number of people, although it was just my DH both times.  The only thing I kinda did not like was you deliver in one room and move to a different one for the rest of you stay.  They were in the process of remodeling all the postpartum rooms and I just missed out on a new room when I was there with DD. 

I also LOVE my doctor and she is in the pavilion at the hospital.  Let me know if you need anything else... 

• Options
    I delivered DD at SL on Barry three years ago. I only know of one doctor's group that delivers there and am not happy with how things turned out with my delivery with them. The nurses at the hospital were great though. I ended up with a c-section and even though the maternity unit was almost empty, I had to spend my stay there in a room that didn't have it's own shower. I had to use a community shower. The room I had and the community shower were not even shown to me when I toured the hospital. This time I am switching to NKC hospital and am hoping for a better experience.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Who was your doctor at NKC?
  • Options
    imagetwocents6708:
    Who was your doctor at NKC?
    Dr Saunders at Heartland Womans Health. She is wonderful and even though they rotate you through them all they are all good. Dr White delivered DD and I really liked her too.
  • Options
    I am delivering at SLB and have had no complaints at all. Not sure who said you could only have 1 person in the delivery room but that is not true. I was told by several people I could have as many or as few of people as I prefer. Plus they have a baby first (I think thats what its called) program that allows you to spend an hour with baby before they take them away to be tested. Not sure how many other hospitals do that. Short story....I love them and will deliver my future children there too!
  • Options
    The Maternity Coordinator was the one who gave me the tour and all of the info. I was very interested to hear about the "honeymoon" with baby program and I like that their doctors are all female. I am touring NKC today and then we will have to make a decision soon. Thanks for all of the advice and input everyone!
  • Options
    I delivered at NKCH and I like that the delivery rooms are big and you can have more than 1 person with you. I will say I told my OB (Dr. Rosbrugh at Heartland Women's Health) that I did not want nursing students in my room and he told me that NKCH is not a teaching hospital. I found out on delivery day that was not true. I had a student in my room, he did my cath and was with me pushing. I also had a student do my IV, which she screwed up and a real nurse had to come put it in. I also didn't like being kicked out of the delivery room and brought upstairs to the recovery room. my epi hadn't worn off yet and I could barely move so they had an orderly pick me up out of the bed, put me in a wheelchair and bring me upstairs. I loved the nurses on the recovery floor though. All in all my experience wasn't too bad but nothing to brag about.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"