Postpartum Depression
Options

We're feeling blue...

It's been almost a week since we brought our sweet angel home from the hospital.  We love him so much, and I am absolutely trying to savor every moment.  But I am beginning to have lots and lots of anxiety.  I'm EBF and having many resentful feelings regarding our round-the-clock feedings and not knowing when he'll wake up for his next feed, especially at night.  I'm starting to sort of selfishly "miss" my "past life" where I could watch a TV show or sleep through a night un-interrupted.  I feel very sad about these feelings I'm having and I'm hoping it's the baby blues that will go away on their own in the next days and weeks.

DH is very supportive, telling me that I have nothing else I need to accomplish right now except nurturing this sweet baby boy, but I can't seem to ditch these anxious feelings, and I know its rubbing off on him too.  Any advice or thoughts?  Thanks a bunch. 

Re: We're feeling blue...

• Options

I felt this same way after DD was born and since I am having #2 on Wednesday I figured I would check this board out.  It is totally normal to have the blues after you have a baby.  I would cry and cry and not really know why.  I mean I loved my DD more than anything in the world but between being up all night and the nerves I had about doing everything right I was so overwhelmed it made me nuts.  Luckily for me it went away after a few weeks and before I knew it everything was second nature and THANK GOD DD was sleeping thru the night.

Write down how you are feeling.  Make sure your feelings don't go further than just the blues and if they do TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR.  They will make sure you haven't feel into depression.  My #1 piece of advice is to make sure you tell people how you are feeling.  Keeping things insdie makes it worse. 

Good luck!  Congrats on the new addition!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I completely felt this way when coming home from the hospital.  Both my DH and I were completely overwhelmed.  We had a lot of guilt for missing our "old life" and we just weren't prepared for the huge change.  I can tell you that we are a lot better even now...only 10 days home from the hospital.  We still get overwhelmed at times, but it's happening less and less.  It will get better.  Hang in there, and make sure to talk with people about how you are feeling.  It will make it a lot better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"