2nd Trimester
Options

UTI - help!!

I think I have a UTI, just went to the lab for a test, but the results won't be in until Monday.

What can I do until then?  I'm drinking cranberry (plain old ocean spray, does that matter?) anybody have any other remedies?

Also, I'm sitting in class from 5 to 10 tonight and from 8:30 - 4 tomorrow, I think I might pee on my seat, or be in the bathroom 843 times.  ug! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: UTI - help!!

• Options

OMG - Monday?!?! I get them regularly and they always let me know before I leave!

Yup - keep on the juice, but it is really more about fluids than what kind of juice - I find that water works just as well. But don't let up! when you bladder gets low it hurst a lot more.

they also have over the counter pills that make your pee orange and those can help in a pinch, but don't let that fool you - you still need to drink, drink, drink!

Also, you HAVE to take care of yourself. If you stop drinking for class and it gets worse, it could move into you kidneys, which can be very dangerous. At any sign of fever I would call the emergency number for you doctor's office.

• Options

Water, water, water. Don't wait to pee. Wipe front to back.

My MW also said to step up the probiotics when I had a UTI---so greek yogurt, kefir and pro-biotic supplements. She also said to go without underwear when possible and keep things aerated in that area.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. I know it sucks. :(

DD1 (b. 8/16/2010)
    DD2 (b. 9/04/2013)
    BFP 2/25/12, m/c @ 6w 3d || BFP 8/1/12, m.m/c @ 9w5d
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Water, cranberry juice (make sure it doesn't have a lot of sugar added), and get some garlic pills.

I checked with my OB when I had a UTI and he said that garlic pills were ok.  Kind of like the cranberry juice, garlic helps change the PH in your bladder.

Good luck holding on till monday. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLeanneCM:

OMG - Monday?!?! I get them regularly and they always let me know before I leave!

Yup - keep on the juice, but it is really more about fluids than what kind of juice - I find that water works just as well. But don't let up! when you bladder gets low it hurst a lot more.

they also have over the counter pills that make your pee orange and those can help in a pinch, but don't let that fool you - you still need to drink, drink, drink!

Also, you HAVE to take care of yourself. If you stop drinking for class and it gets worse, it could move into you kidneys, which can be very dangerous. At any sign of fever I would call the emergency number for you doctor's office.

all this and drink drink drink drink!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"