Success after IF
Options

Anyone signing the No Phone Zone contract?

I just did and, as lame as it is, it was hard for me...it's where I do most of my talking since I have a long commute to and from work and am don't have much time to chat any other time.  I've been thinking about doing it forever now and just couldn't commit.

However, with the baby coming, I know it's what's best for us and for others that I could injure.  I just hope I can stick to it. 

Anyone else?

TTC since 05 :( Dh diagnosed with azoospermia. Unsuccessful reconstructive surgery in 07-08. IVF w/ ICSI #1: BFP! 1 strong heartbeat and 1 lost twin @ 2nd U/S...bittersweet Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone signing the No Phone Zone contract?

• Options
    I am trying! I absolutely DO NOT text while in the car at all. I am not great at texting anyway, but talking on the phone is something I am guilty of. It is hard!
  • Options
    Is talking on a blue tooth or other hands free device in violation? Cause really, if both hands are on the wheel, eyes are on the road, what is the difference b/t that and talking to someone riding in your car?

Baby Beau
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC #1 for 5 years - Many years, many tears 3 Clomid IUIs all BFN IVF#1 w/ ICSI = BFP!!!! Beta #1 - 157 11dp3dt, Beta #2 - 340 13dp3dt

FET for #2 9/1/11 Beta #1 9dp5dt - 153!!! Beta #2 11dp5dt - 426!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Psalm 113:9 He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the LORD.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagestepgirl21:
    Is talking on a blue tooth or other hands free device in violation? Cause really, if both hands are on the wheel, eyes are on the road, what is the difference b/t that and talking to someone riding in your car?

There are different options of the contract.  There is a section that you can sign that says "I will not text and if I need to talk, I will use handsfree devices to do so."

The argument they tried to make was that it's not all about your hands, it's about your brain being distracted.  However, the option I wrote for you above is the one I chose also.

TTC since 05 :( Dh diagnosed with azoospermia. Unsuccessful reconstructive surgery in 07-08. IVF w/ ICSI #1: BFP! 1 strong heartbeat and 1 lost twin @ 2nd U/S...bittersweet Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I WILL NOT text and drive, and I wish they would arrest people who do it. 

What gives people the right to endanger ME and MY CHILD so they can send a stupid text message? 

I see people doing this all the time, and it drives me up the wall!!  It is sooooo my pet peeve...

• Options

Interesting. It's illegal in the city of Chicago to have a phone in your hand and drive. I have had a couple friends get tickets for it, but it's not strictly enforced. Blue tooth and all that is fine.

So I guess it's not an option for me. :)

• Options

Coming over from the IF board because I don't think most of you know how texting while driving has affected my life.  My husband was nearly killed by a young woman who was looking at a text her friend sent her rather than on the road.  In the 4 1/2 months since then he has undergone 7 surgical procedures to repair many compound fractures from which he is still not recovered, undergone physical, occupational, speech and psycho therapy.  Although he has done well in terms of recovery, he is no where near the functional level he was pre surgery and we don't know when or if he will ever walk unassisted and without a limp and be able to return to the long distance running he did pre December 17.

I sure as well hope that no texts while driving.  Operating a multi ton vehicle is a huge responsibility and your eyes and attention need to be on the road and not on your cell phone.  There is no conversation, no text that is so important it's worthy putting the life of everyone on the road, as well as your own in jeopardy.  It's hard for me to even write about the dangers of DWT without feelng enraged.

I sure as hell hope Oprah can put her celebrity status and influence to good if it causes people to change their very dangerous driving habits.

TTC since 3-08 IVF # 1 Dec 2011 BFP DD born at 31 weeks 6-24-12

FET #1 Dec 2013 BFN

FET # 2 Feb 2014 BFN

No more frosties

IVF #2. September 2014

PGD yielded 2 perfect 5d blasts

SET November 9, 2014
    Nov 23, 2014. Another BFN

Not sure where to go from here.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

MoFree, I had no clue how you and your DH have been affected by all of this.  Seeing and hearing so many stories about how others have been affected it really what pushed me to do this. 

I stopped texting in the car a long time ago but was still guilty of talking often.  I never knew how distracted even talking could make you.

Hopefully, Oprah's campaign will convince many others to take the pledge as well.

I wish you and your DH well.  I'm sorry for what you've gone through and hope that he makes a full recovery soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"