Infertility
Options

IVF #2: Neurotic Ovaries

It's hard to not compare your cycle to your previous cycle. During my first IVF cycle, my left ovary was super active, and my right ovary kind of gave me the middle finger and ultimately only produced 1 mature follie. I considered firing her for laziness on the job.

This cycle, I had 10 antral follies on each side for a total of 20 at baseline (Monday). During yesterday's follie check, I had 12 on the left and 10 on the right. I'm feeling pretty good about my ovaries at this point and thinking that I might not fire my right ovary after all.

So, now, here I sit at work in meetings all day, and instead of paying attention, I'm doing a constant 'inventory' of my ovaries because I'm paranoid that my right ovary will putter out again. I'll be sitting there and all of a sudden start thinking about this IVF and wonder, "Hmmm... can I feel my left ovary? Yup... there it is." (when I say "feel" I'm referring to the fact that my ovaries tend to get sore pretty early in the stim cycle and they kind of throb in a dull pain, and the nurse thinks it is because I'm so short that any growth is quickly noticeable). Then, I'll think, "What about my right ovary? Do I feel it.... Yup... wait, no... maybe I'm just imagining I'm feeling it because I want to so bad."

Yup... I know I'm neurotic, but it appears that my ovaries are also neurotic. Sigh... I need to stop thinking about this. Hopefully, I'll see growth on both sides at tomorrow's follie check.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: IVF #2: Neurotic Ovaries

• Options
    Good luck at your follie check tomorrow!!!
    image 30 y/o with PCOS HSG normal, SA essentially normal (slightly low morph but good # and motility) 50 mg Clomid...zip; 100 mg Clomid...nada; 150 mg Clomid...zilch 1/10 Injectable cycle with Gonal-F, Ovidrel, and TI.....Beta 2/22...BFN 2/10 Injectable cycle with Gonal-F and Follistim (long story), Ovidrel..BFN 4/10 Injectable cycle (see above). BFP but early m/c 5w5d. 5/10 Break cycle due to BFC (Big Fat Cyst)...darn it all 6/10 Injectable cycle +IUI...BFN 7/10 Injectable cycle + IUI.....BFP!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    good luck tomorrow!!!!! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My left one has always been my lazy one and did better than the right this cycle. Your right one isn't "doomed" to do badly. Your last follie check went great and tomorrow's will too! GL :)
  • Options
    imagejennim1984:
    My left one has always been my lazy one and did better than the right this cycle. Your right one isn't "doomed" to do badly. Your last follie check went great and tomorrow's will too! GL :)
    I know! I keep on telling myself and reminding myself that I only had 1 antral follie on the right at baseline but this time I have 10 so I need to stop worrying. Nonetheless, I drive myself batty overthinking this. And even if my right follies were to stop progressing, I still have 12 on my left cooking along, which is way more than the 5 mature eggs I got last time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I do this too. Good luck tomorrow!
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow!!!!
    SAIFW
    PCOS diagnosis~can't remember how many years ago
    Several cycles of Clomid with OBGYn ~BFNs
    11-09 Initial Consult with RE
    12-09 Changed to a different RE
    1-2010 CCT-BFN
    2-2010 Rest Cycle, Waiting for AF..where are yOU?
    3.5.2010 RE found a cyst....Rest another month
    3.12.10 AF
    3.13.10 Cyst still there....on BCP until next month
    4.10.10 Starting Lupron/Gonal-F/Luveris
    April 2010 IVF #1 ~ BFP
    5.5.10 Beta #1~150
    5.7.19 Beta #2~300
    5.19.10 1st u/s 2 sacs~~
    5.25.10 2nd u/s 2 heartbeats~twins
    EDD 1.12.11
    Delivered on 11.28.10 due to HELLP syndrome at 33w 4days
    myblog
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow!!!
  • Options
    I hope you don't have to fire her tomorrow!
    TTC since April 2008

Me: PCOS/Amenorrhea DH: Azoospermia due to Y Chromosome Micro Deletion IVF w/ ICSI on hold until further notice

Hope

• Options
    GL!  I've been keeping you in my thoughts! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"