Multiples
Options

ptl...share your experiences plz

I am scared to death this is going to happen and I will miss the signs! AH! I know them by heart but my lower back always hurts...it did with ds : /

just wanted to hear from real experiences instead of reading in book :-P

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: ptl...share your experiences plz

• Options

i didn't have PTL with the twins- but did with my singleton - the ONLY sign was that I spotted a little bit... i had no cramping, nothing else - the spotting was why the doc told me to go to L&D and they monitored me and sure enough -i was contracting.

www.keepemcookin.com has great info on PTL, ways to avoid, treat, etc.

• Options
    Wish I could help more but my only sign was my water breaking.  Went to the hospital and they tried to stop labor but it didnt work.  Gave birth 33w 4d.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I woke up in the middle of the night with a sharp pain in my side.  Since it was only on one side and not the other I didn't do anything for a long time but then it became so unbearable that I went to the emergency room and sure enough, I was dialated to a 3.  I had been having BH for a month so I was having some consistent contractions with it but the difference this time was the sharp pain only on one side.  I will have to say that was the side of the more active baby and the bigger one but I have no idea if that has anything to do with anything. 
  • Options
    No experiences myself, but I am totally in your boat about being scared of PTL.  I was induced with DS early due to high BP, so I have no clue what it is like to go into labor on my own.  I am constantly thinking I am will miss the signs. 
  • Options

i had an irritable uterus that the docs said probably was causing my cervix to shorten.  my bh were consistent through the day early on...maybe 19wks, and continued throughout.  cervix shortened between 19 & 23wk check, and again at 28wk appt.  but i made it to 33w4d!!

it is so hard not to worry.  obviously you are aware, so you'll catch something, if there is anything to catch!  you're getting there :) 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageGoldie_Locks_5:
    www.keepemcookin.com has great info on PTL, ways to avoid, treat, etc.
    Yikes!  That website freaked me the f out!  I couldn't weed past all the horror stories to get to the good stuff.  

You don't need to scare me about the dangers of PTL, site.  That's why I was there! 

• Options
    At 31 weeks, I was having some period-like cramping.  I didn't think too much of it because it wasn't too severe, but called my doctor anyway.  They told me to go to L&D.  I drove there myself thinking they would think I'm a hypochondriac and send me right home.  They hooked me up to the monitors and I was having some uterine irritability which turned to full out contractrations.  I dilated to 3 cm but luckily the procardia they gave me stopped my PTL.  I ended up on hospital bed rest after.  So my advice would be if you are ever having symptoms you may think is PTL, it doesn't hurt to call your doctor - I'm so grateful I called mine.  I ended up making it about 5 weeks more - I delivered at 36 weeks 2 days.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

thanks for sharing everyone!

I had scheduled c/s with ds so I never went into labor with him either :-P

• Options
    For about a day before it happened I just felt really ...I dunno..off I guess...I just felt weird. Monday morning I woke up with a horrible back ache and didn't feel like eating anything (which was weird for me by that point). I started having contractions that afternoon and by the time I got to the hospital and they actually checked me ( about an hour after contractions started) I was 5cm. They put me on magnesium sulfate to try to stop the labor and gave me a steroid shot for the babies lungs and actually got the labor to slow down for a while. However, it was not enough, the next morning my water broke and my twins were delivered by emergency c/s at 31 weeks 5 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"