Parenting after a Loss
Options

Big fat bummer

So I've alluded in the last few weeks to the fact that we are supposed to be moving overseas in May.  I don't want to get into location and stuff just yet because the details haven't all been totally worked out (ah, the federal government), but we do have flight reservations out of the country in less than two weeks. 

Except now the powers-that-be are saying they don't want me to go on account of my placenta previa diagnosis.  The country we're moving to does not have great medical care and they are concerned about the worst case scenario (hemmorrhage).  My midwives, though, have said that I should for sure go with DH.  I would be coming back here no later than 34 weeks to have the baby anyway.  So they've lobbied on my behalf, but the powers-that-be aren't willing to give much.  They've told me I can go see a high-risk OBGYN and if HE says I can go, then I can go. So we're going to jump through this hoop, but I'm pretty sure this is going to end with DH getting on a plane alone.  There is a slight chance that DH's travel will be postponed a bit, but we won't know about that until next week. 

So I am super, super-bummed.  I understand that the place we are going to is not the best place to be if something really bad happens.  But the chances of that something bad happening are pretty small, and I'm honestly willing to take the risk.  DH and I have spent way too much time apart.  Some of you might remember that he spent a year (including the first half of my pg with DD) in Afghanistan.  We've been together five years, but have spent less than a third of that time on the same continent.  I was really hoping we might have some time before #2 comes to reconnect.  DD is so high-maintenance that we really don't get much quality time.  And if we have to be separated until we have TWO babies, who knows when we'll get that time. 

End sob story.

Re: Big fat bummer

• Options
    I'm sorry to hear that!  I hope the high risk dr gives you the go ahead.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh goodness, that really sucks.  I'm sorry hun.  I hope you get cleared to go or that his travel gets postponed.  I can't imagine how difficult this must be.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    oh no!  That is a bummer!  I hope you get cleared and it all works out. Keep us posted!
  • Options
    that really stinks!  i'm sorry :(
    BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry. That really sucks. I hope things work out!
  • Options
    That stinks! I'm sorry. I'll be praying for the best for you :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"