Parenting after a Loss
Options

Funny DH moment.

Dh started working from home last week. Mostly, it has been FABULOUS. The only hard thing right now is that he doesn't have an office in our current apartment, so when he has meetings Mari and I have to play quietly in her bedroom...or leave the house.

But I get to talk to Dh throughout the day and it is really nice. However, this morning I almost slapped him. He is walking back to his computer after getting a cup of coffee and says, "Whoa! Honey, do you ever think about the fact that we will have to go through the whole labor this time?"

What?! First I yelled at him for the use of the royal we. He is such a baby. He wants me to get an epidural because I will be much nicer.....oh my. Ladies, some times I think men are stupid. Why do they think they get to complain about labor?

Re: Funny DH moment.

• Options

I would've thought the same thing, but I totally got the epidural because of my husband. He was really shaken up and seemingly upset seeing me in pain. I did it more for him and I ended up being really glad I did. We both enjoyed our son's birth then.

(Of course, we should've been better prepared to go natural.) 

• Options
    Men are funny. I was waiting for my epidural and my DH looked like he was going to cry.  I was squeezing his fingers so hard - I was in a lot of pain. Pitocin induced contractions are not fun.  At one point he actually had the nerve to give me a pillow to squeeze because I was hurting him.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The sad thing is that with Mari I had the worst of both worlds. Mari was not moving so they pumped me full of fluids, broke my water, and gave me pitocin. I went from 1 to 4 centimeters instantly and was doing fine with the pain. Then the Dr. told me if I didn't get an epidural immediately and I ended up needing an emergency c-section they would have to put me under general. So, I got the epi and ended up with a c-section.  AND my husband became the biggest advocate of epidurals ever. I was laughing and joking with him throughout the delivery.

So now with number two he wants me to have an epidural.  I will probably just get one, but it makes me laugh that he is pushing for it.

• Options

LOL :)

My hubby (who is an anesthesiologist) kept pushing me about the epidural when I was pregnant.  It annoyed me!  I ended up getting the epidural because I was induced (pitocin is evil!) and DH was like "I told you so".  What a PITA!  I agree - men should NOT be allowed to complain about labor!

BFP#1 May 17, 2008
    Surgery for ectopic pregnancy June 3, 2008
    BFP #2 September 25, 2008
    Baby boy born June 4, 2009 at 40 weeks
    8 pounds 13 ounces and 23 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #3 February 6, 2011
    First U/S February 25, 2011 = TWINS!!!
    Boy/girl twins born October 4, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board