Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

***damabo80***

I wanted to respond to your question below in my original post regarding MTHFR. I have not had any clotting issues myself with bleeding, however 2 of my miscarriages resulted in a 9 wk baby with no heartbeat, which my doctor seems to believe (from my D&C results) that it was from a blood clot in the placenta. Also, I know if you google MTHFR, some doctors don't think it's the reason for miscarriages. So, I'm wondering now since I only have the homozygous version of the gene mutation, if it really had NOTHING to do with any of my losses and was just the first thing they found. But I really hope that it is just the issue, because it should be fixed w/ the folic acid high doses. Also, I wasn't offended by your question. I'm very open to talking about any of the things I've been thru.

Also, I said it before in your post below, but I am soo so sorry for your loss. :(

After 2 miscarriages and a pre-term birth (34 weeks gestation due to PROM), our healthy baby girl is growing up fast! Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
3 more miscarriages and finally a correct diagnosis (septate uterus) and a corrective uterine surgery later, our second blessing is here! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: ***damabo80***

• Options
    Thank you so very much for sharing that info with me. I appreciate it. In a way, I hope that the drs are able to identify that this was the issue with me, as opposed to my baby's anencephaly being caused by "just bad luck" (can't really treat bad luck). Plus, it seems like the treatment for it, I'm already doing anyways (5mg/day of folic acid).

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"