Baby Showers
Options

A fun shower game

Here's a fun shower game that my family plays. I know some would probably find it a little offensive but it's all in good fun.

While the guest of honor is opening presents have one or two people writing down comments she says. This should be done discreetly so the guests and the guest of honor don't really know what's going on. When she is done opening all of her presents, stand up and tell everyone that based on what so-and-so said while opening presents, you know what was said on the night of conception. Then you read the various things that have been written down. It is absolutely hysterical! This is also great during couple showers because then you can get what Mom and Dad said.

It usually has things like "Look how small it is!" or "Oh, it's so cute!". At the most recent shower I went to the mom-to-be even said things like "It's got cute little fishies on it!" and "don't worry, mom will remind me every day about it." We play this at all our family showers and usually have tears in our eyes from laughing so hard. Again, it's probably not for all types of crowds but it is something fun and different. I hope no one is offended!

Re: A fun shower game

• Options
    We did this at a bridal shower (or rather something similar) and put the phrases in a story.  I think I got it on line somewhere.  Quite funny.
  • Options
    Sorry, not a fan of this with a mixed crowd.  Not at all appropriate in front of my 86-year-old grandmother or coworkers.  Maybe with just your girlfriends or something...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ummm...I think she did mention that it is probably not for all types of crowds.  BTW...my 86 year old aunt would have thought it a "hoot".  At my DD's bridal shower there was a game involving panties that were brought for her but were supposed to represent the giver's "personality".  She got a pair of leopard crotchless from her 60+ year old mother-in-law-to-be!  Gramma may surprise you.  lol
  • Options

imagedanilynn17:
    Sorry, not a fan of this with a mixed crowd.  Not at all appropriate in front of my 86-year-old grandmother or coworkers.  Maybe with just your girlfriends or something...

My 86 year old grandmother would be dying of laughter. Like the OP said, it isn't for everyone so know your audience!  

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Options
    I love this idea and am actually doing it fo rmy step sisters shower. She normally will say some funny odd things anyways, its going to be great! I can just imagine it now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"