North Carolina Babies
Options

Celebrating Anniversary?

What do you do usually? I always feel dumb spending a ton of money on dinner, but I can't think of anything else. Our neighbors are watching Jocelyn and I thought we could do dinner and a movie, but I don't want to be gone too long, and not really at night where they would have to put her to bed, so it kind of makes it hard. I guess we could do an early movie and dinner.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Celebrating Anniversary?

• Options

I don't think it's dumb to spend a lot of money on dinner for your anniversary! We have just a few expensive dinners out per year, so I have no problem with splurging on our anniversary.

Even if you don't want to spend a ton of money, there are a lot of awesome affordable restaurants in the Raleigh area, where you can have a nice dinner without spending a ton of money.

We've gone to Michael Deans and 518 West for a couple of anniversaries. Last year we went to Sono for sushi, and then we went to Kings Dominion the next day.  :) This year, we're heading down to Charleston for a weekend away.

• Options

DH and mine's anniversary is Sunday. I have no idea what we are doing yet lol.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We usually just do dinner or brunch, we haven't really done anything fancy (although we used to on our dating anniversary).  We have decided that every 5 year anniversary we are taking a trip just the two of us, and hoping to do Aruba next year. 

I wouldn't feel bad going out one night and splurging on a nice dinner!  It's once a year and a special occasion.

• Options
    Our neighbor has 2 boys that she would have to put to bed, and her husband works weird hours, so I don't know if he would be home. I am just torn. I am thinking we will just do an early movie and early dinner, and try to be home by 7:00 if possible. I want to go to Brasa and while it isn't a romantic place, I figure we could try to be in and out of there pretty quick. I have other places I rather go, but it would be a longer, later night!
  • Options

I say have a nice dinner and spend the money!!

We always go on trip, usually a long weekend..... We just celebrated 4 years last week, so DH and I went to the Caribbean for 4 days.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DH and I usually just go to a fancy-schmancy dinner. We know that we won't have anything to show for all the money we're spending, but to us the experience is worth it. Our faves are Second Empire, Magnolia Grill and Four Square.

I should add that we don't do gifts, so we justify spending the money that way!

• Options
    imageuncjules:

DH and I usually just go to a fancy-schmancy dinner. We know that we won't have anything to show for all the money we're spending, but to us the experience is worth it. Our faves are Second Empire, Magnolia Grill and Four Square.

I should add that we don't do gifts, so we justify spending the money that way!

Ditto! Though this year, we're going to the beach for the weekend, and dropping Holly off at the IL's! But I'm sure we'll go to a nice dinner while we're there!

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    Ours is coming up in a few weeks and we just decided to cancel the weekend trip to Asheville and just stay in town to grab a nice dinner. We said we'd put the trip part on hold until fall since I haven't been feeling great. I saw go out on the town and just enjoy spending time together. Happy early anny!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"