South Dakota Babies
Options

**jb_uncp**

DH deployed when DD was 2 weeks old, so although they had met, when he returned from deployment on R&R it was basically their first meeting. We were lucky in that we had been able to talk on webcam quite often though.

I think one of the most important things is to make sure that your husband knows that LO may be scared of him at first.Stranger anxiety is very normal at LOs age (born in October, right?). It may take a couple days for LO to go to him, or be around him without having you right there.

The best things for your DH to do are to continuously talk to LO, smile at LO, and most importantly just hug and kiss LO. They will become best friends quickly!

Congratulations of your husband returning soon! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: **jb_uncp**

• Options

Is your DH still deployed? It's good you guys were able to talk through web cams. We bought some but his internet sucks where he is at and we have not been able to use them at all :( I do try & put him on speaker phone when he calls and I show DD pics of him all the time. He also recorded his voice reading her a few books so I try & play that for her a few times a week.

DH says he will be ok with DD having anxiety around him but he can be very emotional so I really hope it doesn't get him too down. Who knows DD still goes to anyone so she still just might have open arms to him! Thanks for your response!

• Options

Curly Joe is just slightly older than your LO and we're going through the same thing.  He's been with DH a total of about 3 weeks since he was born.  DH should be coming home for R&R soon, so I'm not sure how Curly is going to react.  He is usually pretty good around strangers, and I'm hoping he recognizes DH because he sees him on webcam and hears his voice nearly every day.  I just don't know how he's going to react around the real thing!

Good luck to you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagenndidiamaka:

Curly Joe is just slightly older than your LO and we're going through the same thing.  He's been with DH a total of about 3 weeks since he was born.  DH should be coming home for R&R soon, so I'm not sure how Curly is going to react.  He is usually pretty good around strangers, and I'm hoping he recognizes DH because he sees him on webcam and hears his voice nearly every day.  I just don't know how he's going to react around the real thing!

Good luck to you!

Thank you...GL to you too! Your LO is adorable!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"