Minnesota Babies
Options

Kid's haircut places?

I think the time has come to get DS's hair cut.  *sigh*

We trimmed it ourselves at home a few months ago, and I think we need a pro this time.  Tell me if you got it done at a special kid's place or somewhere else.  And if you got it done at a place special for kid's, where was it and was it expensive?  We're in the southwest burbs.  I know there is that place between OUAC/Toys R Us by Ridgedale, but I can't think of any other places.  

Any recommendations/suggestions would be great!  TIA!

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Kid's haircut places?

• Options

We have tried the Kids Hair in Highland Park several times. It is about $18.00 for a cut. This location has a high turn over, we have never seen the same employee there twice. They do have video's going at each station to distract the kids and the kid can be straped into the chair so they don't fall. So there are a couple of perks, but more than once we have came home and attempted to fix the poor cut we got. We have also tried a Cost Cutters and Great Clips, which is cheaper and about the same quality cut. This last time, we tried an old fashioned male barber. Best cut either of the boys has ever had.

For us, we just kept trying places until we found someone we liked. We will keep going back to this guy for now. If your kid freaks out, be prepared to sit in the chair and hold him and get full of hair.

Good Luck!

• Options
    We have taken DS to Fantastic sam's once.  It was an okay hair cut.  DS sat on DH's lap and the stylist was pretty good with him. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Snip Its in Maple Grove.  They even have a first haircut package.  A co-worker just went there for her son's first cut and really liked it there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageKelly1109:
    Snip Its in Maple Grove.  They even have a first haircut package.  A co-worker just went there for her son's first cut and really liked it there.

Good to hear.  I was planning on taking my DS there this weekend. 

• Options

imageKelly1109:

This place looks better than the other place I was looking at.

Thanks!

Mama to Elliot (11.09.08) and Jude (09.01.11)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I've taken my daughter to Snip Its in Maple Grove for hair cuts and bang cuts the past two years. They do a great job! My only frustration is that they don't take appointments. Get there early if you're going on a Saturday!
    Wife to an amazing man and mom to three darling girls!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"