South Florida Babies

I'm so upset (NBR)

So we are going on a cruise in June with DH's family.  Everything is being organized by DH's cousin and a friend of hers that is a travel agent.  Originally I got an email from the agent stating one price and now when I got the final invoice I'm being charged 105 bucks extra for us and my parents!  I spoke to the agent and she will not budge.  She put this down in writing in an email and will not honor the price she originally gave me.  I paid the deposit a few months ago, so I'm forced to go.  Everyone else in the group is being charged more, but they don't give a hoot. 

I even called the corporate office of this travel agent and they were advised by the agent not to get involved!  Corporate agreed with me, but since this is a franchise, their hands are tied. 

My friends are saying that I'm being petty arguing over 105 dollars and that DHs family is going to see me as a crazy person that will not let it go. 

I don't know what to do.  I'm a person of my word.  I don't like deception and when I'm right, I will fight till the end.  DH says that we should dispute it with the credit card company if anything. 

What do you think?

Re: I'm so upset (NBR)

• I'm like you and I would keep fighting it.  IDK what else you can do though since corporate won't do anything about it.  Maybe go see the travel agent in person or continue to contact her until she changes the price.  I once fought my medical insurance for $60 for almost 2 years (long story).  To me, it was the principle of the matter and not the money.  I learned a lot about how to handle medical bills/insurance companies from that little experience. 
  • I'd keep fighting, too. It doesn't sound right at all! I'm in a fight with my medical insurance now, too, for about $200. On the one hand, I wonder if I should pay it to get the situation over with, but I know I'm right and will stick to my guns.
  • Loading the player...
  • Is it $105 total or $105 for each person?

If it was $105 total, I'd probably just let it go. Did you ask her why the price went up? Don't get me wrong, I'd be SO pissed and I'd feel totally duped too - but if the whole family is going and none of them are making a stink about it, you don't have a lot of leverage. If you were willing to see this through and actually demand to get your deposit back due to her misrepresenting how much the total amount would be, then I would probably stick to my guns - but since you know you're not going to back out of the cruise and utlimately you're stuck going, it seems like more trouble than it's worth.

You just know that you'll never ever ever use that agent again, and I would let your DH's cousin know that you're not happy about her lying to the entire family.

imageimage

Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think your DH has a good idea about disputing it with the credit card company.  I do think you should go so you may have to pay the money up front and then deal with it later.  That's really sh!tty of the travel agent to do that to you, I would fight it too.
    image image

• Well I just spoke to a supervisor!  They told me that the agent booked this cruise on April 4th.  That is why the price was jacked up!  We paid our deposit in January!!!!

• It's her fvck up, she should have to pay the additional money - not you. 
    image image

• imageMrsLeanna:
    It's her fvck up, she should have to pay the additional money - not you. 

DEFINITELY!!!! The Travel Agency has the proof in black and white that your deposit was submitted in January...not your fault their employee waited almost 3 months to make your reservation!!!

~~Givette~~ Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • That's shady business practice.  If you paid a deposit based on a quote she gave you, she's legally bound to honor that price.  I would definitely file a claim with the CC company for fraud and have the charges reversed.

105 is a lot of money these days.  Besides, it's not just 105, it's 105 for each party going, that's a lot of money she's pocketing!  I call shennanigans. 

• imageFutureHernandez:

Well I just spoke to a supervisor!  They told me that the agent booked this cruise on April 4th.  That is why the price was jacked up!  We paid our deposit in January!!!!

That's her problem and it should NOT come out of your pocket.  Man, I'd fight this tooth and nail.

• imageEliStar:

Is it $105 total or $105 for each person?

If it was $105 total, I'd probably just let it go. Did you ask her why the price went up? Don't get me wrong, I'd be SO pissed and I'd feel totally duped too - but if the whole family is going and none of them are making a stink about it, you don't have a lot of leverage. If you were willing to see this through and actually demand to get your deposit back due to her misrepresenting how much the total amount would be, then I would probably stick to my guns - but since you know you're not going to back out of the cruise and utlimately you're stuck going, it seems like more trouble than it's worth.

You just know that you'll never ever ever use that agent again, and I would let your DH's cousin know that you're not happy about her lying to the entire family.

This.  Plus, I have an aunt who once told me not to worry about my in-laws thinking that I'm crazy b/c they will think that no matter what you do.  

• What did her supervisor say they would do to fix this? Can you show proof you paid in January and then require her to pay the difference for ALL of you?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I would be upset too. The $ is important, but so is the principle!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"