New Jersey Babies
Options

monmouth county?

Hey all - new to thebump and pregnancy in general! Husband and I live in Aberdeen (Monmouth Cty) but work/play in NYC.  Unfortunately we don't know many people in Jersey, or have many local resources! I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions (day care, pediatricians, parent groups, etc.) any locals would have.  Thanks :)

Re: monmouth county?

• Options
    heyy i live in like the exact area you do in matawan/ aberdeen.  i got to the vna in keyport which is not far at all. i would suggest going to monmouth medical as for the place to give birth..i know that riverview isnt the best place to go to as i know people who have went there who had problems and they said that they were fine...for example my sister went there cause her water was leaking and they told her she was peeing herself...and discharged her. Come to find out she was right it was her water and she ended up having to stay in the hospital to accumulate her fluids until birth...so i would def go with monmouth medical..im also in my first pregnancy so im not sure about parent groups...as for day care centers there are alot around here..happy hours on rt 34,my nephews go there, first friends is also good i worked there a couple years ago, brite futures in keyport on first street is also good.there are alot more then just the two of them tho..
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I also live in Matawan/Aberdeen.  I was using Happy Hours Daycare and loved it!  I also know others who have put all of their children through this daycare and were very happy.  Unfortunately, my little ones were preemies and needed me to stay home, so I had to pull them out and am home now.  I plan on going back to Happy Hours once my babies are older.  As for a wonderful restaurant, I love Bart's Italian Restaurant on Main St.  You can sit at the bar and have a great bar pie and beer for a more relaxed time, or you can make a reservation and dress a bit nicer and sit in the dining room for a nice night out.  The food is wonderful.  The place used to be an old church years and years ago.  I use holmdel pediatrics, specifically Dr. Mohan.  She came recommened to me by friends and I have been very happy.  They are very close, too, which is a huge plus.  Their number is 732-739-4414.  Dr. K is also good.  My babies were sick a lot in the beginning so I have gotten to know these doctors very well and feel comfortable recommending them.  I'd love to write more, but the LO's are calling :)  Good luck and I hope you enjoy the area.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hey, I live in Matawan and my daughter goes to Children of America in Aberdeen on rte.34.  It is absolutely wonderful there, she loves it and the staff is great.  I worked in NYC as well as my husband so I found the hours great and the biggest plus is that they have baby web-cam!!!  That was the best piece of mind anyone could have given me as a new mom. 

Pediatrician- I use Bethany Pediatrics in Hazlet and love both Dr. Mary Fury and Dr. Nicole Pantano.  They are sweet and great with my daughter. 

I gave birth at Centra-State Hospital in Freehold and was very pleased with the maternity dept.

HTH and best of luck!

• Options
    imagejennyohyeah:

Hey, I live in Matawan and my daughter goes to Children of America in Aberdeen on rte.34.  It is absolutely wonderful there, she loves it and the staff is great.  I worked in NYC as well as my husband so I found the hours great and the biggest plus is that they have baby web-cam!!!  That was the best piece of mind anyone could have given me as a new mom. 

Pediatrician- I use Bethany Pediatrics in Hazlet and love both Dr. Mary Fury and Dr. Nicole Pantano.  They are sweet and great with my daughter. 

I gave birth at Centra-State Hospital in Freehold and was very pleased with the maternity dept.

HTH and best of luck!

I live in the Matawan/Aberdeen area too!  We plan to start researching daycare centers soon, since I'm due in Oct.  This gives us a good start!!!Anyone know of any good in-home daycare settings in this area? 

I am happy to hear about CentraState.  My ob only delivers there.  If I had my way I'd go to Monmouth Medical Center, but hearing that others had a positive experience is reassuring.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"