Minnesota Babies
Options

Maple Grove Hospital

Has anyone on here delivered at the new Maple Grove Hospital yet?  I've got a scheduled c-section there on June 8th and would love to hear about your experiences (even if you didn't have a c-section).

TIA!

bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
The Bump MoM Recipe Collection

Re: Maple Grove Hospital

• Options

Haven't delivered there yet but will be soon!  :)  I've been on the tour and am currently taking childbirth classes there and love the hospital.  Every experience so far has been great.

My neighbor delivered there in February when it was still pretty new.  She had a few issues, mostly with them not having everything in the rooms yet and they had to keep leaving the room to get something, so I know she felt that they weren't very prepared.  She did say she loved the anethesiologist.  Once she was admitted (area where they took the longest) she said was great and would recommend it.

One of the girls in my childbirth class had a friend deliver a few weeks ago and they couldn't say enough great things about the hospital.

Good luck!  Who knows - we could be there at the same time :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I delivered there in February and LOVED it. I went in for an induction and it went as smoothly as possible... despite the 2 days it took to finally get the kid out!

Registration was easy... I just walked in, we went over a few things and they took me right up to the room. The rooms are really nice and comfy for hospital rooms, especially the postpartum rooms. The nurses were great.. and we went through all of them! Didn't have any problems as far as them not being prepared.

If you have any specific questions, PM me!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageKelly1109:

Haven't delivered there yet but will be soon!  :)  I've been on the tour and am currently taking childbirth classes there and love the hospital.  Every experience so far has been great.

My neighbor delivered there in February when it was still pretty new.  She had a few issues, mostly with them not having everything in the rooms yet and they had to keep leaving the room to get something, so I know she felt that they weren't very prepared.  She did say she loved the anethesiologist.  Once she was admitted (area where they took the longest) she said was great and would recommend it.

One of the girls in my childbirth class had a friend deliver a few weeks ago and they couldn't say enough great things about the hospital.

Good luck!  Who knows - we could be there at the same time :)

Thanks for the info - and maybe we will be there at the same time!

How did you go about scheduling a tour?  Everytime I click on one of the dates on the website it says that registration is closed, but I'm thinking this may be an error???

bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • Options

I have a friend that just deliverd there via c-section and had a great experience.  She said the nursing staff was extremely caring and friendly and she compared the facility to being in a hotel. 

• Options

Alisha - I just clicked on it from the website and signed up.  Its been awhile though - I think we did ours in February.  We are taking the childbirth classes there as well and so we just had our 2nd tour last week.  I'm glad we did it again, because I had forgotten about some things.  And they now have Ipod docking stations in each room (they didn't before). 

I would call if you're having problems.  We had a LOT of people on our tour so I'm sure they can accomodate you. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"