Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Flax seed and nut allergies?

I can't seem to find a straight answer...

If your DC has a nut allergy, can they have flax seed?

There's a child in DD's classroom that has a severe nut allergy. The whole school is nut-free, but obviously I want to be extra extra careful now that she's in this class!

I was just getting ready to put a yogurt in DD's lunch for tomorrow. I usually mix some ground flax seed in it and she loves it but I just realized I may not be able to do that (I've never sent it to school w/ the flax seed in it).

Does anyone know? I'm obviously not going to just in case! At least until I know for absolute sure. Need to be safe and not sorry!

CP 3/07
BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
BFP 11/14

Re: Flax seed and nut allergies?

• Options
    Zachary has a peanut allergy (but we are avoiding all nuts even though he hasn't been tested for anything else).  He can eat flax seed without any problems.  
  • Options

Aimeelv...I didn't realize Zachary had a peanut allergy...what a pain isn't it??

Ruari is also allergic to peanuts (we avoid all nuts) and is fine with flax.  As a parent of a peanut allergic kid, I thank you for caring enough to ask and be careful...it means a lot to us parents! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagems_mellor:

Aimeelv...I didn't realize Zachary had a peanut allergy...what a pain isn't it??

Ruari is also allergic to peanuts (we avoid all nuts) and is fine with flax.  As a parent of a peanut allergic kid, I thank you for caring enough to ask and be careful...it means a lot to us parents! 

I agree!  

DS is allergic to peanuts and most tree nuts and he has been fine with flax.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Aiden 10.17.07 Emma 07.15.10
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I kept it out just in case. I'll ask them at school if they know. I'm pretty sure it would be fine... but there's a part of me that's still worried, so...
    CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"