wide mouth vs. regular bottles — The Bump
Nurseries and Baby Gear

wide mouth vs. regular bottles

What's the difference? I'm sure there must be pros/cons for each but I can't tell. We are looking at the Dr. Brown's BPA-free if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Re: wide mouth vs. regular bottles

• I can't remember how much difference there is from the baby's perspective but from my own memory.....The wide necks were easier to fill and clean and then easier for my DD to hold (when she was ready) than the standard bottles.  I'm sure this is another thing that's personal preference though.....
  • image engd4evr:
    I can't remember how much difference there is from the baby's perspective but from my own memory.....The wide necks were easier to fill and clean and then easier for my DD to hold (when she was ready) than the standard bottles.  I'm sure this is another thing that's personal preference though.....

This. These are the exact reasons I went with the bottles we did (Avent, FWiW).

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I think the wider bottle has a nipple that is shaped better for babies that breast feed.  I used the regular Dr. Brown's and they worked perfectly for us.  Just dont buy too many of the 4 oz. bottles since your baby will quickly outgrow them.  We had a few 4 oz. but mostly the 7 oz. 
  • I think its what the baby prefers.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards