Pregnant after 35
Options

comfy sleep solutions?

Okay, suddenly something's changed here in week 29 & I am very uncomfortable sleeping at night.  I get bad pains in my hips and lower back.    Last night was bad, I was up at 3, 4, 5,and 6 just tossing around trying to find comfort. 

I ordered a couple of wedge-shaped pillows online yesterday, but until they arrive, I'm curious how you ladies are coping with body discomfort overnight?

Did you buy special pregnancy pillows  (snoogle, etc...)?  Or are you using a couple of extra pillows from around the house?   Other solutions?

I've registered for a Luna Lullaby baby nursing pillow, should I just buy that for myself now so I can use it?

Thanks! 

Re: comfy sleep solutions?

• Options
    I have a snoogle and I have been sleeping in the La-Z-Boy.  Before that I slept with my feet propped up with pillows, the snoogle and my regular pillow.  There wasn't much room for DH at all.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I got an oversized pillow at BB&B and sleep with that. I've actually been using that for years to sleep on my side. It helps a lot with the hip pain. I'm thinking about getting another one to press against my back because I've noticed that if I shift during the night and my pillow is behind/under my back it feels really good.

My best friend slept on her recliner for the last 4 months of both her pregnancies.

I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I actually use 3 pillows all stacked up on a diagonal, so my hips don't have that much pressure on them, I do have to turn over a couple times a night but otherwise no sleep for me.
  • Options

Sorry you're dealing with this.  The joys...

I just use an extra pillow either between my legs or behind my back.  I'm a very active sleeper and I think I would find the snoogle too confining.  I'm also fortunate to not have too much discomfort - yet. 

GL and I hope you find something that works for you!

• Options
    I use a Snoogle.  It's made a huge difference for me.  I'm still able to sleep in bed with DH, although I do have to turn from side to side several times a night to relieve the hip pain.  But, overall, I've been sleeping okay now that I have that for support.
  • Options

Lots of pillows stacked up around me and last year my H bought an adjustable bed for us - I thought it was excessive at the time but I tell him everyday now how wonderful he is for buying it! 

Also some tylenol at night really helps me out with the hip pain

• Options

imageAnotherChance:
    I use a Snoogle.  It's made a huge difference for me.  I'm still able to sleep in bed with DH, although I do have to turn from side to side several times a night to relieve the hip pain.  But, overall, I've been sleeping okay now that I have that for support.

This....with adding that sometimes I feel like I'm 'stuck'.  Especially when I need to get up and pee twice a night now.  I'm thinking the recliner is probably in my future as well.

• Options
    I have a Back-N-Belly Leachco pillow.  I LOVE it!  I sleep on my left side all night.  I get up almost every hour to pee -- yes, that's 6-8 times a night -- and I am able to get in and out of "the zone" fine.  It just takes a little practice.  No hip pain, and I sleep like a baby. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"