Postpartum Depression
Options

new and have a question

hi there...i have just started on zoloft this week. i have been having anxiety since about half way thru my pregnancy and it just keeps getting worse. i was just wondering how long you noticed it took b/f it started to work? my dr said give it 2 weeks...she also said she just wanted to keep me on it for 3-6 months to help my hormones come back around. is that pretty typical? never had this anxiety with my first pregnancy so this is all really new!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: new and have a question

• Options

I would say that it took about a week for me to even be able to eat again and make it through a day without a panic attack. It was about 2 weeks before I finally felt like I could 'relax' and not worry so much all time. After that, each day got better and easier and things just looked brighter. I bonded with my baby more and more every day. I would say though, now at 5 mo PP, I finally feel 'normal.' I don't say that to discourage you, but rather to let you know that, it will get more manageable and things will get easier. You just have to give it time. One of the biggest things that helped me was talking to my mom everyday, sometimes more than once. She really helped me feel better, calm down, and just let me say things without feeling judged. I would suggest the same, until you feel comfortable again.

Some women only need it for a short while, others need to stay on it for a few years, and some, may never go off of it. I will need to be on some sort of anti-anxiety probably for the rest of my life b/c I have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. 

• Options
    imagecaitlet425:

I would say that it took about a week for me to even be able to eat again and make it through a day without a panic attack. It was about 2 weeks before I finally felt like I could 'relax' and not worry so much all time. After that, each day got better and easier and things just looked brighter. I bonded with my baby more and more every day. I would say though, now at 5 mo PP, I finally feel 'normal.' I don't say that to discourage you, but rather to let you know that, it will get more manageable and things will get easier. You just have to give it time. One of the biggest things that helped me was talking to my mom everyday, sometimes more than once. She really helped me feel better, calm down, and just let me say things without feeling judged. I would suggest the same, until you feel comfortable again.

Some women only need it for a short while, others need to stay on it for a few years, and some, may never go off of it. I will need to be on some sort of anti-anxiety probably for the rest of my life b/c I have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. 

yes my mom is my rock. she was very supportive of me getting on something to help me. i don't mind staying on it if it helps me b/c i don't like feeling like i don't care about my house. really wierd thing is with my first son i didn't bond really quick but i didn' t have any ppd/ppa. with this son i did bond really well and i have it...wierd. i think it might have started during my pregnancy..don't flame..when we found out we were having another boy. i really would love to have a girl. now he is here i love him to pieces! thanks for all the advise it is just really hard getting use to this! i really just want to sleep one night thru without waking up worried. i am heading back to work this next week and i need my sleep to get thru a 12 hr shift!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"