Postpartum Depression

Not sure..

exactly where I belong to get this all off my chest ,but I figured this board may be the most fitting. My feelings are more of being overwhelmed than anything else to the point where it is taking a toll on my marriage and myself. Ever since our son was born I have felt very alone, my husband works 12 hour shifts and tons of overtime lately, when he does have days off it always filled with him doing his own thing with his friends or having them over or asking to go do something (I have always been understanding that he works hard and he needs some downtime after everything he does to support us ,but lately I have began to resent him. Every conversation turns into a fight or I start picking at him.) I feel trapped here when I am home I don't have any time to myself, I don't have any time with my husband, it is constantely no sleep, no appetite, just take care of our son and our dogs and my husband. My sister took our son to her house for a few hours yesterday to help out and I didn't even miss him, I felt at peace with a house to myself. I tried to talk to my husband about this last night ,but it turned into a arguement because "he never knows what to say." I don't know where to go from here or even if this is normal. I've read posts about others feeling anxious or only wanting to be around their LO's and no one else ,but are there others who are exact opposite?
Thank you for letting me get this out there.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Not sure..

• I'm sorry you're having a rough go of it. I was like you - very anxious in the beginning and I loved it when anyone else took care of ds. I would hand him over to anyone who asked - you're not alone! I'm sorry your dh is not more supportive, but honestly, even though he needs his down time, so do you! Taking care of your ds is your full-time job and he needs to understand that you need help and he needs to parent too. Have you considered seeing a therapist together? My dh came with me to my first few sessions with my therapist and I think that helped him understand a lot of what was going on in my head.

GL - your ds is beautiful!

• Being a mom is a rough adjustment.  No you warns you about all of the fine print in the contract.

There is nothing wrong with being fine with others looking after your DS.  There are all sorts of people in this world and you will be unique as a mom just as you are with everything else.

Try writing a letter to your DH.  I did that with DC#1 and I found it really helped because I needed to make sure that I got all of my thoughts out and DH got the chance to see everything without me nagging at him.  In the letter I also took one day and wrote down everything that I did for DC and the timeline so that he understood that I didn't just sit around all day.

Good luck with everything.

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies, it really is encouraging hearing that I am not alone and others have been through this. I took your advice and wrote a letter to my husband, we got some things out in the air finally that we were both feeling. Even though I don't expect it to get better right away it was nice to be able to get everything out and to hear what he was feeling as well. Thank you ladies for all the support!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"