Orange County Babies
Options

weight gain

I just reached the 16 week point and I haven't gained any weight yet, in fact I've actually lost weight since the last time I stepped on the scale. I'm thinking it's because of my lifestyle changes: eating healthy, exercising, not going out on the weekends etc... but I'm not sure if this is normal??

Re: weight gain

• Options

I didn't gain any weight until the last few weeks of my pregnancy. As long as your baby is growing fine and your doctor isn't concerned, then I wouldn't worry.

My OB had me drinking ensure to make sure I was getting enough calories so you might try that.

• Options
    I think whether its normal depends on your prepregnancy body. I was underweight and gained a ton the first 3 weeks. I was asking the same thing, is it normal? My dr assured me that its normal for me, but maybe not for someone else. Either way, if your OB isn't concerned, you're probably just fine!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same for me - my 16 week appt was today and no weight gain!  I think it's awesome.  I know I've been eating enough so I'm not worried.  I gained way too much with my daughter . . . I know the lbs will come later!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"