Babies: 3 - 6 Months

My baby sounds like a pterodactyl...

My DD is almost 6 months and a lot of the time she doesn't babble, she shrieks and makes loud noises like a pterodactyl. It is very strange to me. Does anyone else's child do this? Do you think it might indicate a problem with language development?

Re: My baby sounds like a pterodactyl...

• My DD does a high pitched scream all the time...it's her way of talking & cracks me up.  I don't think you have to worry about language development yet.  They all have their own way of talking...so enjoy it!
  • Over the past 2 weeks,  DS has really found his voice and prefers making the loudest shrieks ever to show his happiness rather than talk.   It's hilarious (and slightly annoying sometimes :)  Either way, i think its pretty normal!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Same with Katie!  Great way to describe the sound...I was going with a screeching cat but pterodactyl fits.
  • DD has found her voice in the last week or so and she makes the high pitch screeching noises you speak of. I think it's hilarious. She usually does this when she gets excited on her activity mat or baby einstein tunnel. It can be super loud sometimes.
  • Heh, we used to call DS the baby pterodactyl.  His prime pterodactyl noise age was 0-3 months, but we have started a new and different (yet happy) shriek recently. I'm not worried- it's just one more fun noise to experiment with.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm glad my baby isn't the only one...no other baby I've seen does this! Thanks for relieving my worries!
  • totally normal. ds is my little dino right now. it is so cute :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"