Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Does your baby like to cover their face with bib/blankets?

My 4 month old loves to flip her bib over her face or always wants to take any blanket and pull it over her head.  Why does she do this????  We don't put blankets in her bed and if we do we tuck her in after she's fast asleep.  I am not worried about suffocation because we monitor her pretty closely I just want to understand why she does this. Anyone else out there notice this with you baby?

Re: Does your baby like to cover their face with bib/blankets?

• DS does this too, and I'm not sure why. He seems to like it though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Doing it as we speak
    Miscarriage/D&E 10w6d 10/3/14 (baby's heart stopped beating)

Ectopic Pregnancy discovered @ 10 weeks 5/6/14 (Lost right tube and ovary)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Miscarriage @ 9 weeks 11/9/08

• Loading the player...
  • He giggles when he puts the bib over his face. Sometimes I'll flip it over just to get a giggle and then pull it back down and say "there you are!" I guess it's our version of peek-a-boo. It's either over his face or in his mouth.

He snuggles with his blankets so they are always up near his face. I think he's really just trying to put it in his mouth.

• always.  I have to keep flipping it down and he puts it back up.  It's like a game for him, I think.
  • DD puts EVERYTHING over her eyes when she's trying to fall asleep, bibs, blankets, hands, toes, seahorse... it drives us nuts! She won't fall asleep without a blanket in her crib, but as soon as I know she is sleeping, I sneak in a take it out of her mouth and wrap it tight around her. She's good about crying if something is in her face and she doesn't want it there (but can't move it) however, I am constantly worried about her breathing okay!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Because it's fun! Olivia wipes her mouth with her bib, she's actually quite good at keeping her mouth clean when I give her cereal. She takes whatever it is, grabs it, looks at you, turns her head to the side flirtaciously, and then hides. She then looks back at you and giggles.
  • DD loves peek a boo, so I think she puts the bib over her face so we can surprise her lol

As for the blankets over tha face, she just likes to put thing in her mouth. If they end up over her face, well I don't know if she tries it. She sleeps with a doubled over quilt, but we tuck it into the sides of the mattress on either side when we put her down, even for naps. She likes to be snug.

• I put my guy to bed last night and turned the mobile on and all the sudden he started screaming...he put the blanket over his face and couldn't see his mobile anymore.....you would think he would learn LOL
    Gabriel 11/04/09 Vincent 9/17/11 Grace 8/02/13
  • He falls asleep with the blanket over his face
  • Yes, all the time.
  • Yes- blanky smells good to her so it's comforting.  They do this at daycare- bunching the blanky in a circle around their chest when they are napping.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Marc does it all the time!! I get worried at night when I put him to bed and the blanket is over his head so I always go in and take it off of his face its a new little game to him lets see how many times I can get mommy to come in to see me before she takes the blanket away lol
  • Yep, DD does this all the time.  She loves blowing her nose into her blanket.
    BFP #1 (DS, 10/98), BFP #2 (DD, 10/09)
    BFP #3 -mm/c @ 7wks, discovered at 9wks, D&C 9/28
    BFP #4 5/29 EDD 2/9 - please be our rainbow
    imageimage
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Everyday! DD loves putting the burp cloth over her face. When she does it, she kicks her legs and waves her hands like a crazy chicken and pants like a dog..when we pull it off, we say "there's Maddie" and she laughs. It's a game to them apparently. She truly enjoys it..better than peek-a-boo.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • "When she does it, she kicks her legs and waves her hands like a crazy chicken and pants like a dog"

Whew I am glad, thats EXACTLY what ours does! We do the same thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"