2nd Trimester
Options

What is the first thing you will want

2»

Re: What is the first thing you will want

• Options

We have a bottle of Cakebread's Benchland Select Cab all ready to be packed in the hospital bag.  That's what I'll be drinking.

Lately, a really good turkey and swiss sandwich with lettuce, tomato has been sounding good for after labor.

Our hospital serves us steak and lobster dinner the last night in the hospital!

• Options
    imageLCB34:

I want sushi and either a glass of red wine or a vodka tonic with extra lime. 

My DH keeps telling me they won't let me take a baby home if I am drinking in the hospital but, I am standing firm that I will have a drink after pushing a baby out.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH will be forced to go out and get nachos from my favortie restaurant, I eat them all the time now so it's not like they will be special but I know that's it's all I will want once baby is here.,
  • Options
    Honestly, I can't wait to have an Oberon Beer.  It's seasonal and fortunately it is around during the summer.  I think I'll have to wait til I get home from the hospital to have one.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Our Little Guy due 4/14/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Pancakes! That was all I wanted during my 18 hour labor. Then when I could finally order food I ordered tacos. I have no idea why and I ended up ordering my pancakes after the midnight feeding. We could order food 24 hrs a day! It rocked!
  • Options

imagepixy_stix:
    I think the answer to all questions like this is simple:  Bacon.

Spoken like a true EFFer.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    a medium rare steak with blue cheese cumbles, a really good italian sub and a blue moon with an orange slice
  • Options

when I can actually enjoy it.. a glass of red wine but I'll take a cup of caffeinated coffee to start!!  

food - my favorite salad at a restaurant here..  has goat cheese as the main ingredient.. which I was sad to learn non pasterized when I got pregnant!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Options

Our hospital has great food... though after an 18+ hour labor the last time, the glass of ice water and turkey & swiss they brought me was absolutely perfect... I didn't need anything else!

The night before you leave, they take baby to the nursery and serve a nice meal to mom and dad- steak, potatoes, sparkling cider and dessert. 

Last time I just wanted to eat SOMETHING- it didn't really matter what ;-)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Definitely a beer! That sounds so good right now... I've been craving them from the beginning.

Food- I'm not sure yet..

• Options

A turkey sandwich from Panera! (even though I know you don't HAVE to, I've sworn off the deli meats during pregnancy). I've been wanting this for months and DH has promised to get me one as soon as he can after the baby is born.

I'd also love a tall vanilla latte from Starbucks. Good thing they're next door to each other!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageDobie_Mama:

imagepixy_stix:

Wait .. wait.. I've given up bacon for this pregnancy (can't stand the nitrate-free kind).. Are you telling me I can't have it when I'm breastfeeding too?
  • Options
    imageDobie_Mama:

imagepixy_stix:

Wait .. wait.. I've given up bacon for this pregnancy (can't stand the nitrate-free kind).. Are you telling me I can't have it when I'm breastfeeding too?
  • Options
    imageChrissymarie98:

hmm, good question.

I'm not sure?

Do they ask you that?

Mine does!  I have the best hospital ever! When you check in, (or when you're first able to eat) you can order anything off their (very large) menu, and for the rest of your meals...  except for when you can't cuz of labor of course.  :D   

I heart my hospital for so many reasons... this being one of them. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageBecExpecting:
    imageDobie_Mama:

imagepixy_stix:

lol - No.  EFF = Eco-Friendly Family, in this case.  We're a bacon-centric board.  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageDobie_Mama:
    lol - No.  EFF = Eco-Friendly Family, in this case.  We're a bacon-centric board.

Whewwwwww... huge sigh of relief. Once this kid's out, I'm going straight back to my true love... sweet, nitrate-laden bacon. ;)

• Options

My friends have all been instructed to bring beer to the hospital.

Right after I delivered my son, they brought me a box lunch, sandwich, chips, and a drink. I hadn't eaten in almost 24 hours and was starving.

• Options

a margarita.

and wine.

• Options

Beer

Sushi

Wine

In this order!  ; )

• Options

I actually thought about this last night.  I think I will want a Sierra Turkey from Panera Bread.  I eat them now, so it isn't like I'm missing them but that sounds good.

I don't drink so i don't miss any particular beverage.  I also don't eat Sushi.

I'm not really "missing" anything.  Meat hasn't been great to eat, so I'm not sure how i'll feel after but I will definitely get it rare because the medium/medium well SUCKS!

• Options
    I have thought about this a million times, and my best friend is on "Fountain Coke from McDonalds" duty!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

a big tuna steak, some sushi, big boneless HOT buffalo wings (since they give me SUCH bad indigestion and heartburn now)

and a huge glass of dragons breath. - lemonade and dragonberry bacardi. OH SO yummy and how i've missed them since summer!!! ahhhhh..

• Options

in 2002 I was on my way to DQ with my mom and son when my water broke... I wound up never getting that ice cream- and after my daughter was born I made my DH go out in the middle of the night and get me some.  This time I think I'm going to send someone out on a mission for an ice cream birthday cake for the baby's Birthday Party so we can all (including the 3 older sibs) have a treat in the hospital.

Beyond that I don't know, maybe takeout Ribs from Famous Dave's.

• Options
    A huge tuna, cheese, and lettuce sandwich on a croissant with an ice cold Leinenkugels Summer Shandy to wash it down!
  • Options

I know my answers for sure....

1. Champagne!!

2. Sushi...LOTS of Sushi!!

3. Chocolate covered strawberries (I can eat these now, but this is something that I am going to HAVE to have after having a baby) =)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I totally agree with you! Although make mine a martini or glass of wine or champagne or beer...haha But in reality I'm planning on being an avid breast feeding mommy, so it may have to wait a little bit longer. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"