Washington Babies
Options

**MrsAmyB**

The post about STD disability reminded me that I wanted to let you know about an AFLAC policy that might be worth looking into for you. The offer CCU coverage and when I was looking at it I though of you with the babies. If you have ?family coverage? newborns are covered from the day they are born.

The coverage pays a daily benefit for time spent in CCU and I believe that this includes the NICU. The coverage would be reduced from $600 to $250.00 per day, per baby because the coverage would not be in place for 10 months prior to their birth, however it looks like it still may be very worth it for you. The coverage will pay for up to 30 days and with 3 babies that would $750 per day for up to 30 days (that?s up to $22,500) and   coverage is very inexpensive. I really don?t know all of the details because I don?t have this coverage, but I wanted to pass the information I do know on to you so that you could look into it if you wanted and see if it would be good for you.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image

Re: **MrsAmyB**

• Options
    Thanks! I don't currently gave Aflac (a coworker did when she was pregnant), and the open enrollment closed in mid-Dec. But I sure wish I had signed up now.
    Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • Options
    I wonder if you would be eligible to sign up outside of open enrollment on an after tax basis, or if they offer this plan on an individual basis outside of an employer. I actually signed up for my coverage outside of open enrollment (we are a very small company and we really were not told when our open enrollment was) and the only difference was that I had to sign up after tax rather then pre-tax and then I can go back during open enrollment and make it pre-tax. I don?t know if this option is always available or not.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"