Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Scratching my head (OPK related)

So, this is my first month using OPKs.  My last cycle was 27 days so the OPK instructions said to start POAS at CD9.  So I did in the morning on Friday, yesterday, and this morning.  But the test line has been getting lighter.  It has never been the same color as the control line but it was definitely darker Friday than this morning.  Is it at all possible I O'd on AF??? I guess I'll just have to wait it out and see if I ever get a positive OPK as none of you can look into my ovaries and see for sure ;) 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Scratching my head (OPK related)

• Options

There is no way you ovulated during AF..

I have had it where it got lighter and then dark again.  Maybe your urine was less concentrated.  Keep testing.

• Options
    You may need to test twice a day.  You surge can be as little as 12 hours and by testing only in the morning you could have missed it. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It is possible if you have VERY short cycles (IIRC from TCOYF).

You have a 9 day period? 

• Options
    I doubt that you ovulated that early. It's possible but not likely. You always have some amount of LH in your system so you may always see a test line. Just keep up using them. You may also want to look into charting so you can confirm when you ovulate.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would keep testing, have you seen this link yet?

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

A reg shared it the other day and I found it really valuable. HTH.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagePattypoundcake:

It is possible if you have VERY short cycles (IIRC from TCOYF).

You have a 9 day period? 

This month it was only 7.  (It varies.  Last month it was 10.  It lasted from November 1 to mid December not very long ago.  I used to have 2 a month starting from when I started back in 7th grade... no one could ever figure it out but after DD it went to one a month.)  But OPK chart stated if cycle was 27 days to start using the OPKs on CD 7.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMilliways:

I would keep testing, have you seen this link yet?

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

A reg shared it the other day and I found it really valuable. HTH.  

Thanks!  I miss a ton when I'm not on here regularly, but I try to lurk/post a bit on Sundays.

• Options
    Test twice a day, and keep testing. My periods were usually 28 days, and the three cycles I used opks, I got a positive on CD 12, 13, 14. This cycle?? Not till CD 17, even though I thought it was darker on CD 12 and got lighter, suddenly it got positive on CD 17.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"